We have just published the new home page for Zipatile today.
The main intention was to provide simpler and more customizable user experience. Thus, the new home page is based on the single info widget and set of menu buttons which you can add, remove, reorder and customize.
Shows you the info about:
- current date and time according to your android system settings
- current weather conditions according to your weather station which you set when registering your Zipatile. Please note that weather station which you create during the Zipatile setup is flagged and this is the only one which is feeding the home widget.
- state of Intruder alarm (armed home, armed away or disarmed). Please note that only the original Intruder alarm which came with the Zipatile can be shown here
- thermostat state of the original thermostat which came with the Zipatile
All this info will open the corresponding application or widget on single press. in the future, we are planing to add more customizing options to this widget.
Main menu consist of tiles which are each executing certain action. Currently available tiles are:
- "type" opening the list of all devices of a particular type
- "room" opening the list of devices in a certain room
- "scene" running the particular scenario
- "application" launching the particular android application available on your zipatile
- "all scenes" listing all scenes and allowing you to create new ones
- "all types" opening the list of all devices grouped by types
- "all applications" opening the list of all applications
- "all rooms" opening the list of all devices grouped by rooms
You can add tiles by pressing the "+" button in the menu. If you want to further customize the menu, you can press and hold any of tiles which will open the following menu in dialog box:
- "reorder" allowing you to drag and drop that particular tile on a different place
- "customize" allowing you to change the color of the tile and the icon
- "remove" removing the particular tile from the menu
Considering the fact that you can set your own wallpaper for the home screen, having the option to customize all menu items gives you the power to set yourself the interface which would best fit to your need.
In the near future, we are planing some further improvements of alarm widget and adding some more configuration options which are now only available through the Zipato web application (my.zipato.com)