Zipatile

Simon H. shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

I just saw the announcement of zipatile here https://www.zipato.com/product/zipatile/

Will this product be compatible with an existing Zipabox? Can I create a Cluster? How about additional license cost if I use a zipatile together with a zipabox registered before the Release of Firmware Version 1.0?

Thank you very much!

Replies (32)

photo

Hi,

yes you can create a cluster and use both of them.

photo

I like the zipatile :-)

photo

And is there a discount for zipabox owners? Especially the pre v1 users ;)

photo

Zipatile is actually the new generation of the home controller. It is backwards compatible, and it can work together with Zipabox. However, the concept of the ZipaTile is different. Zipatile is the complete system in the form of the single device. It has bunch of sensors and functionalities built in and users can reach certain control and automation goals just after buying this single device. Of course, device can also control other devices which you may decide to connect to the system. But even better option is that you can place one ZipaTile in each room, and you will get each room security covered, thermostat control in each room, gesture based scene controller, and you can combine them all to work in cluster, so they will act as the IP based repeater for you Z-wave or Zigbee network.

There are many more options which will come out later, since it is difficult for us to communicate them all at once. I am quite sure you will love this device....

photo

Thank you very much for your reply!

But how about the question concerning licenses?

photo

You're right, I do love it.

photo

Hey Sebastian,

very interesting! You say it will be a good idea to have one in every room. What will be the price for ZipaTILE?

photo

We know very little about the zipatile yet. To be a little harsh: it's a 50€ android tablet with some added functionality. The big question is if it's 250€ in added functionality? I really hope so!

It's a bold move.

Lots to learn about the hw. How closed is the android software? 512mb ram is not a lot in 2016? Is it enough? Is Bluetooth, zwave+ , zigbee and WiFi built in? What about the others, 433 en ocean etc? Lte?

Is the zipabox now dead? No more plug in boxes?

photo

Specs on the datasheet pdf is different from the webpage... I'm guessing the webpage is outdated?

photo

Yes I think it is. Seems to runnung a quad core 1.6, 1 g ram, 8g internal rom. Android 5.0. Good point about bluetooth, doesn't mention this. I think to use the other protocols, knx, enocean etc you will need the zipabox with modules and run a cluster. The idea seems to be for new HA users and helping to develop a better simpler solution. I like it.

photo

Strange that they have not fixed the data yet, a lot of errors : Size, system capabilites etc. I hope they know ;)

Sure hope it would be possible to connect rfxtrx to this by usb. And will it support Thread with existing hw?

photo

I just bought a Zipabox over a Fibaro HC2 because of native 433Mhz support. I really hope it supports 433MHz or maybe can utilxise the Zipabox as a 433MHz gateway.

photo

you can still use your zipabox with 433, it will work WITH the Zipatile. And future installations will probably be able to just plug in a 433 usb for expand-ability. We will see.

photo

Same for me Stian. But i am moving more and more over to z-wave because of the feedback. It is handy to use the feedback from devices to create rules.

I don't want to be too negative about the tablet but I am very sceptic If it is this that people want.

But if Clas Ohlson in Sweden will have it for display, I will definitely look at it. And for 250€ it is worh a try. Already spent 1000-1500 euro on z-wave devices so.... And Scnider conect simple 4 button wall panel costs 1400 euro: http://www.elot.se/product.html?product_id=12209

Price and app interface is everything If I would buy this.

photo

My biggest question now is, SIP server? Is this integrated into the Units? Can we use them as a standalone intercom unit?

And if we are to replace a typical light switch with these tablets, do we still need the Z-wave modules in behind the tablet to control them? Can the existing swich be somehow be connected to the tablet itself?

All in all, great product, great idea, and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

photo

SIP server is built inside. Also, there is a replication of the SIP server in the Zipato server. This allows connection to remote SIP clients.

Zipatile has two ethernet networks and SIP server is connected to both of them. This way, home network is separated from a building intercom network (in case you are using the ZipaTile as an internal door phone station).

Zipato SIP client will be first available for Android, and later we will publish it for iOS. It is simple client which automatically synchronise contacts from the master SIP server (the SIP server on the ZipaTIle, which you dedicate to be master), and any other SIP server which is eventually connected to the master SIP server. SIP client in each ZipaTile will be automatically added to the master SIP server, so that users can talk from one ZipaTile to another.

photo

And does it have Zigbee? The youtube video states z-wave but no mention of Zigbee. I think Zigbee would be very important to crack the American market

photo

There will be a model with Z-wave only, and the model with Z-wave and Zigbee. This one will come in April.

photo

Now this is interesting....

Currently the zipatile on the product page of your shop is advertised WITH Zigbee and all the other stuff. And I bought 2 of them yesterday. So what do I get now? Please send me the zipatile as advertised as soon as the got released.

photo

Price increased bevore even released. Yesterday zipatile was at 299,- € -20%. Today 349,- € -20%.

photo

not sure where you are looking, but here it is still the same, You must remember this is for a pre-release price. They will not be available for a while.

https://www.zipato.com/product/zipatile/

Just can't seem to place an order though.

photo

When I click your link I indeed can see 349€

9b9dfe9854ebac9866dc1c3d3cb71b90

photo

Yes but €349.00 is crossed out and the price is in fact €279.20.

photo

I could order it a few days ago for 239,20, now it's allready increased in price. I wanted to pre-order this zipatile but was waiting on a reply of a questions that I have asked 6 days ago, still havn't heard from them. I have my zipabox for more then 4 years now but I have to pay for everything single option.

photo

Hi!

does ZipaTile have GSM remote connection too?

how can i receive/control in case of power supply cut?

thx

/Sergio

photo

Zipatile is being monitored by Zipato servers. In case of connection loss (for any reason), you will be notified by Zipato servers (then it's up to you).

As for the 34/4G module, we have decided not to integrate it inside, because many telcos are providing 3G/4G hotspots free of charge with the subscription. As telco subscription is necessary anyway, there is no sense to pay for an additional 3G/4G module inside (and they are not cheap).

photo

Hi, Does Zipatile will be have WHITE version ?

photo

Will it be possible to control 433 MHz devices with the new Zipatile or do I have to use a Zipabox for that purpose?

photo

You will still Need a Zipabox. Zipatile doesn't come with 433 MHZ Support. Take a Look at the pdf document on the product page.

photo

What mobile OS does it support for remote access like controlling z-wave lights? My home is a Windows home and we use Windows Phone 8 and Windows Mobile 10. Thanks!

photo

it runs android 5.0

photo

Is it possible to connect wired security sensors to the ZipaTILE? As I don't think so I believe the best option for who (like me) want to use Zipato controller to manage Security with wired sensors, is to create a Cluster between a Zipabox with the security module and 1 or more ZipaTILEs... Am I right?

photo

yes. The security expansion module has a lot more inputs and options. The cluster has not been implemented yet anyway, should be by the time the Zipatile is released, but I would still have a Zipabox as a backup system for my security system anyway. Still makes a cheap alarm system.

System.

photo

I'm a current owner of Zipabox with several modules like backup, KNX and zigbee. I see the cluster option on settings but also noticed you have to pay for that option in the store. I'm thinking of buying a zipatile since I was going to buy the tablet to use as control station but I didn't for budget reasons in that moment. If I buy one now do I have to pay for the cluster option on top of its cost in order to work as cluster with Zipabox?

photo

I tested during June both Zipabox and Fibaro HC2. Despite the fact that HC2 has some neat features that Zipabox does not have (nobody is perfect!), after this month I decided to go with Zipato, mainly thanks to a much more robust alarm implementation. To be fair, Fibaro also claims to have one, but it does not even deserve to be named 'alarm'.

Then I went through this Zipatile. Since I will only use zwave, and the only expansion module I was interested was the battery backup, I will go directly with this Zipatile, it's a very interesting product. Hope will come out soon!

photo

Is there a robust documentation on how to make work a zipatile together with a zipabox (with 150+ devices) ?

photo

Shipment has left Zagreb yesterday... looking forward it

photo

keep us updated with your results and thoughts. We are all excited about this product. For me in particular it is the Sip Server uses and hopefully internal intercom ability I wish to know more about.

photo

Well, evidently as a temp solution you will have to deregister your zipabox and set up zipatile with including all devices 9remove/reset/include...like a new setup...

photo

It is going to get funny here within the next few weeks I guess.

photo

Surely will do. At the end there are things that are outstanding for years. So if truly the option to like the controller together will only take a couple of weeks, it is not that much. More complicated is the fact that if you have a zipabox and you want to join Zipatile, you will have to upgrade both to Pro license...

Sebastian, is it possible that zipabox and zipatile can be linked together via this IP functionality?

photo

I really thougt one Pro Licence would be enough. Would be great if customer would get Information about that before buying Zipatile for example in the datasheet where by the way still ZigBee is written also for the only Zwave one.

photo

It is written as optional. But agree with you in terms of cluster connection.

photo

Attached a picture shown in the Zipato shop (28.04.2016; 09:15).

And there is nothing written about additional costs for anything.

If I would be a new customer, I would think I get a Zipatile with Zigbee and every feature which is provided in the datasheet, like SIP, ..., is for free.

I think Zipato touches here a legally borderline.

13646fe90428518fdd148b3115489431

photo

Hi Christoph. Obviously I missed these. i only remember on the below, but as Im looking at the sources you provided it is definitely misleading. One day (when they will not be constantly fixing million of bugs but focusing on enhancing the system with plugins,...) hopefully Zipato will under-promise and over-deliver and not the other way around.c2c5f89d4cdce94e21913e119b30c03e

photo

Kind of funny Attila.

Where is the document with the ZigBee HA (optional)???

I looked at the store (Austria) and neither in the description nor in the datesheet there is this part you pointed out.

photo

Sorry for misunderstanding. We will refund your purchase immediately.

photo

Christoph: here http://zipatohome.sk/produkty-z-wave-zipato/centralne-riadiace-jednotky-smart-home-gateway/z-wave-plus-zigbee-zipatile-termostat-hd-kamera-alarm-biela/ , click on tab "Na stiahnutie" and download the sheet. The others are probably older versions of this data sheet. But have to admit, it should be listed as optional on the website for sure.

photo

Actually Christoph, we can't find your order. Where did you buy these Zipatiles?

photo

Thank you for responsing Sebastian.

I have not puchased on your site. I purchased by a dealer.

However, that is not the point.

I really do want that things are going to work and I really do like the functionallity of Zipato.

photo

Sebastian. We understand that you are also frustrated sometime (we can read it from your sentences), but if anyone, you should be always relaxed, as this will have an impact on your life and also on your team's success (and ultimately on Zipato).

We all want you to be successful and provide successful products we will love, but sometimes we write sentences that sound frustrating as for years we keep experience bugs and not-correct functionality instead of new and new useful features that are introduced and described in detail. This is why you (Zipato) should always give the holding hand and not the opposite (refund...). For a start you should get someone in your team to fix this misleading information about Zigbee rather than keep providing "refund"... Every start has it's bumps, but get fixed what you can sooner than later...and then you will not have issues that might arise because these basic things are left ignored. This should be 10 minutes of work for someone who knows how to exid text on your site and in all documentation...

photo

Hello,

I got the Zipatile today.

Unfortunately I can't manage to get a stable WIFI connection. Signal seems to be very weak for Zipatile although the WIFI router is just 4-5 meters away. Is this a known problem? Can it be fixed on software side?

photo

I don't have a Wifi Problem......

photo

Wife problem? ;-)

photo

Also no Wife problems :-D

photo

Hello, hi. Dave Pritchard has a couple of questions on Knx installation. Can you help him on it? Apparently there is no Knx guide on your zipabox.de

photo

Anyone tryed the gestures on the ZipaTile? I only can Start an App oder turn on/off the Screen, but i want to switch a Plug or stuff like this.

@Attila send me any Email on info AT control-your-home.de

photo

Did you try with rule creator?

photo

Great ;-) Thanks

photo

Is there a way to disable that the Screen gets on when i Tab on it?

photo

Does anyone have any information on how you can power the Zipatile? I see it has a standard power adapter, but what options are there for powering it without having anything external? It's against code in the United States to put a power adapter in the wall.

Is there a PoE option?

photo

you can always extend the cabling and put the power adapter elsewhere, but i do agree, a POE option is a must. Especially if they are looking at using them for SIP server functions.

photo

Power adapter has an option to be connected to power wires directly. If you want to use it as in-wall solution, you should have the power box behind the Zipatile, and you can put adapter in it.

photo

I'm still a little confused. Are you saying that I can mount a standard junction box behind the Zipatile and there is a space in the mounting bracket to allow for the junction box?

NEC in the US code doesn't allow for buried junction boxes. They have to be accessible.

photo

I also think I would have been great to have the connectors directly on the wall mount and not on the Zipatile. Would be much easier to install and you can still take off the Zipatile to get close to the devices to include them. Maybe once there will be a hardware revision.

photo

That makes a lot of sense. Everything connects to the mounting plate, this has a simple magnetic or single cable connection to the zipatile.

Not that once the zipatile is installed it should need to be constantly removed off the wall. But I have found even mounting once with all cabling connected is very tricky.

I still think a Poe RJ45 port is needed for powering the device. If you want to use wifi and a PSU then there should be a small patch cable to USB converter for power and then you connect over wifi. And/Or use the full POE option.

The problem with 5v USB power is if you can't install the psu near the zipatile ( in the wall) then you can have a voltage drop if installed metres away.

photo

Hey, Can anyone know whether

• Nest Hello video doorbell will work with Zipato controller?

photo

No. Best Hello isnt supported by any Hubs yet. Some 3rd party apps have managed to get the video feed but no 2 way audio. Also the ziaptile doesn't support Google play services so you can not even use the Nest app on the zipatile to overcome this.

Best option, buy a cheaper Zipabox and android tablet instead.

Replies have been locked on this page!