This object is in archive! 

is the DoorBird Video Door Station D101 going to work with the zipatile?

matthew t shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

I just preordered a zipatile and found that they have an open api for this ip doorcam. it uses SIP protocal and control4 has a plugin already. they currently only have an ios/android app available. will you be adding or assisting with incorporating this with the sip capabilities of the zipatile?

Replies (60)

photo

Matthew, I saw your post on DoorBird facebook page. Now there is definitely one answer: If someone buys a doorbird and tries it with ZipaTile.

Zipato, Can you please get in touch with Doorbird? They say that the SIP-module is currently provided under NDA as private API to our development partners only. Surely this can be done on your end. D101 looks a great product at not too high price.

photo

ive been watching the HIKVISION DS-KV8102-IP on ebay. its already has an open api

photo

Wow, even better. Hikvision is usually high quality and the price is nearly half of the doorbird. Definitely getting interesting... Thanks for the advice.

photo

What you guys think about RING and RING PRO doorbell??

photo

Great product:

http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/review-ring-video-doorbell

I'm using IFTTT with the Zipabox...works great.

photo

Yes, it can be, but I have Zipatile now as the main system. And looking for SIP integration. The Hikvision can be purchaed for around 150-180 Euro, so for this price with SIP and hikvision brand looks really promising...

photo

the ring require you to use their app... their api is closed. so you wouldnt get to benifit from the sip capabilities of the zipatile...

photo

I am using the Ring doorbell and found that it has some serious flaws. If the upload bandwidth on wifi is close to excellent, you will get problems with delay. Before I hardwired it to my existing bell/chime many of my visitors left because I never got the notification or it was too late (tests Shor more than 40 sec delay is not uncommon). The doorbell is now located 1 meter from the wifi Ap. It works well for a week and suddenly it will not notify or notifies too late.

I am about to give it up and look at other solutions...

photo
photo

Hi

Any idea where to buy this HKVision?

I was looking, but found EUR 300 upwards .... Thx Tino

photo

im looking at one that is on the american ebay for 229. i plan on returning in november to visit family in the US. here in italy, theyre all selling for 300 euros and up...

photo

It's from the same seller. This seller is located in Bulgaria.

photo
photo

This is a czech site. The IP version is around 150-180 Euro http://www.viakom.cz/hikvision-ds-kv8102-ip/product-1322 Not sure if they sent to foreign though. You would need to call them and check.

On this site there are various ones, but not sure if any one of them is the right model. http://express-alarm.cz/?c=482/ip-vstupni-tabla

And a slovak site, price is not shown as you need to register and be logged in to see prices http://express-alarm.obchodymrp.sk/dskv8102ip-vstupna-ip-kamera-s-citackou-2174

photo

Thank you

I'll definitely look for that.

photo

doorbird integration is underway, be patient. And from my experience, and I have tested ring, doorbot, and skybell, the Doorbird is far superior in voice, picture and connection speed. Not to mention the additional options that are or will be available with it.

photo

Doorbird integration is close and I mean, really close. I found a great article where that talk about Doorbird and its integration. As I understood, there are some tricks to connect it yourself. If you some of you have interest in reading, I'll leave the link for you. http://wirelessdoorbellreview.com/doorbell-reviews/doorbird-review/

photo

Agreed. I love the doorbird. Connection is always fast and reliable. And using it API I can create a virtual switch in Zipato to control the door opener too. I can't wait for the full integration by Zipato. And doorbird have some new models coming out to and upgrades for current ones to RFID readers.

photo

Hi Adrian. I have a customer who is interested to get a complete solution where he want to have a door video station (like skybell, dorbird,...) and also be able to open/close the lock on 2 doors (using a smart lock). What is your best idea to achieve this solution?

photo

Hi Attila, sorry I missed this message. I guess you have a solution by now anyway.

Many way to go about this, depending if its on a phone of wall tablet. With Doorbird there is only one doorstrike connection available. I have set up wall tablets that have a pull out menu with quick actions such as door strikes, and this menu is accessible in any app. I just created it with tasker shortcuts in swapps app. Easy and simple and quick. If you want to unlock both locks at the same time it is even easier, just use the Doorbird strike connection.

If you need another lock with camera and no intercom there is the DoorGuard option too.

Another thing I do is use Tinycampro to monitor the cameras, including Doorbirds, I can create Cam widgets on a home screen to, and Tinycampro is now available for Android tv 6 that allows PIP of cameras. Pretty cool.

photo

Hi Adrian,

I don't yet have a solution. I have no experience with door automation including videophones. Hence I'm trying to find the right solution in relation with Zipatile.

photo

Hi Attila, what I would do is use a single z-wave module with electric strikes. The relay activates the PSU and hence unlocks the strikes. You can then set these modules up as door locks in the app, or if security is a big issue, set them up as an alarm partition. Then you need to enter a pin to unlock them.

As for an intercom, I haven't tried the SIP feature yet, but it works with the 2n Helio intercom apparently. Any doorbell app you use on the Zipatile will not ring the zipatile due to it not having any google play services installed on it. Notifications require this. You can work around this by using a Virtual sensor and http commands to trigger it. I think Skybell and Ring have IFTTT channels, so you could use the maker channel here to trigger the virtual sensor if they dont have an open api you can check out. I tried using the Doorbird LAN API for doorbell notification posts with a virtual sensor but have had no luck so far. It is something I am doing wrong, just cant put my finger on it. I am no api programmer.

photo
photo

We are planing to do it, but we are currently too busy with our Intercom integration. It is matter of weeks now...

photo

yes it is coming, i have been in contact with doorbird and once cedia is over this will start to happen. Zipato are Doorbird SIP is different to Zipatos SIP and there is a bit of work to be done beforehand. It is not the api or video, but the sound that is the issue

Also Zipato are still finalizing their SIP server feature. Trust me, nobody wants this to happen more than I.

I will be the best collaboration for Doorbird. This provides them with a SIP server together with a wall tablet. Perfect.

photo

Whats the Doorbird integration actual state?

Anyone got this Hikvision Doorcom working with the Zipatile?

photo

Hikvision will be same issue as rest. You will need to wait for Zipato to implement them. I dont think there is one standard of SIP, and I dont know how Zipato has configured there SIP either yet.

But I know Doorbird will happen soon. Doorbird have not finished their cloud SIP but there local sip is available and this is what I hope Zipato work with. Fingers crossed.

photo

Sebastian from Zipato told me to use doorbird application on zipatile in order to make it work. It doesn't say anything about this device integration in Zipato ecosystem.

photo

It is coming and under testing now. They are using the Doorbird local api too which is great news. All fingers crossed it should be finalised by end of this month. Hopefully.

And yes you can use the Doorbird app on the Zipatile, it just wont send notifications to the app as google play services are not installed on the Zipatile.

I have asked for a work around using the Doorbrid notification api to trigger a virtual sensor in the doorbird, but still awaiting feedback on this.

photo

I have the Doorbird and integrated this as follows:

- connect the Doorbird no-potential bell output line to a Fibaro Universal Sensor; when the button is pressed this generates an event in the zipatile and I connected SONOS speakers to play the bellsound in the house

- use the motion notification from Doorbird to call a php file on my NAS, this then issues a call to set the status of a virtual swith; this virtual switch state then activates a wall plug to turn on the light that I have outside with the Doorbird

All of this works flawlessly (of course except when the cloud is down as the virtual switch state will not be set).

I submitted a case with Zipato asking for the SIP integration last week and the anwer is, it will be there soon

photo

So you confirm that doorbird is right choice for zipatile ?

photo

yes, check out what is works with http://www.doorbird.com/comparison It is happening, hopefully full integration by end of the month.

photo
photo

I am looking to buy a zipatile but also need a door phone/video , that works with it.

Any news that the doorbird is working now with the zipato ? thanks

photo

Me too - any update on this as I already have both the Zipatile and the Doorbird!

photo

Ian, can you not try to do the integration based on the video for Helios on youtube?

photo

no unfortunately. Doorbird Sip is a cloud based system. This needs Zipato to integate directly via the local api.

Anybody who wants this now though can use the TinyCam Monitor Pro app for android. This works with lock control also. There is no push message service via the push button on the intercom, but you could set up a motion alert instead.

photo

Does the TinyCam Monitor Pro app for android work with the Doorbird? Have you tested? Will it popup when the door is rung?

photo

yes it works, but as I said the popup/notification does not work with it. What you could do is use the api form doorbird to trigger a virtual sensor(although I had trouble getting this to work) which will send you the notification via a rule, then you can open the tiny cam app for intercom service. Also the Tinycam works local so no need to rely on external servers or worry if your internet is down. Great for inhouse.

i attached two screenshots of the app with doorbird. Works great. Also, looks like doorbird integration is a way off now according to zipato,.

photo

What is the holdup with the Doorbird integration?

photo
photo

Another vote for Doorbird integration. The Doorbird app can be sideloaded and it works when in the foreground, but I can't get it running in the background, so no notifications.

photo

yes it requires google play services to work, the Zipatiles are void of google services so will not receive notification/push services via google. The only way to make this work is to load google play onto, matthew t has done this. His post is here https://community.zipato.com/topic/finally-figured-out-how-to-successfully-install-google-services

or try using the doorbird api, the notification get http and a virtual sensor or IFTTT maker command.

photo
photo

Thanks Adrian. Think I'll have a go at using the api - had a quick play with it and it doesn't look too complex

photo

It would be very cool if you can describe "how" if you get it running. I´m still searching for a an affordable doorbell/doorspeech solution for the zipatile.

photo

If anybody is using the Doorbird currently and want to integrate it into the Zipatile more, I can only tell you what I have done.

Firstly i downloaded the latest apk of TinyCamMonitor Pro and installed this on the Zipatile. This app allos you to connect the Doorbird unit to it, aswell as the Birdguard units. When selecting Brand Doorbird should be there. The best thing is it works over local ip too. You have options for door Open door, Talk and Listen and instigate IR light. With this app you can also set it up as an NVR, great for a Second Zipatile that is not doing/controlling any other device.

Next you will need to set up a virtual sensor in Zipato. Once done, find its url and copy this. search for URL encoder online and enter the url in the field, make sure to enter 1 after the = sign. Encode. Copy this encoded url.

next use the api for notification request. at the end it shoudl look like this depending on whether you set it up for doorbell , opendoor or motion notification request.

http://username:passwordd@yourlocal ip address of the doorbird here/bha-api/notification.cgi?url=here is the encoded url of the virtual sensor in zipato&event=doorbell&subscribe=1

now you have a sensor that is activated by pushing the doorbel button on the doorbird. Use it to activte the doorbell sound on the zipatile or whatever you want.

Enjoy

photo

This is exactly what new IP device will be doing in Zipato system, but it will be completly automated after IP discovery process. Integration of D101 will be finished soon :)

photo

Hi Adrian, where did you find the download for TinyCamMonitor Pro outside of the Google Play? Or is there a way to install Google Play?

photo

just search for the apk. If you have any difficulties send me an email.

photo

Thanks Tomislav, but I was told the Doorbird integration was not on the immediate horizon

photo
photo

Thanks Adrian - looks like a bit of learning involved to make this happen, but its a good way to learn.

Cheers,

David

photo

Adrian,

I have also integrates using the combi of Doorbird bha api calls and virtual switches/sensors on the Zipatile. I however want to share that the notification from the Doorbird, specifically when it comes to motion is not 100% stable. Quite often events are missed and no notification is sent, hence not picked up on the zipatile. I had submitted a ticked with Doorbird and there answer basically was: bad luck, the api is not production like functionality. So I moved away from it and installed a normal motion sensor close to the Doorbird. On the push-button from the Doorbird I choose another apporach than the bha api notitifcation. I just connected a Fibaro Universal Sensor to the the wires on the Doorbird (being non-potential connection). This works flawlessly without any dependency on either the cloud (for the Zipato virtual thingies or the Doorbird api).

My2c

Roland

photo

I agree with the motion detection, I found it either non responsive or too sensitive. Even after adjusting the settings. They do have option now to select parts of camera for detection which makes it better. I have found the doorbell fine, but also agree another z-wave motion detector is a boon.

photo
photo

Looks like DoorBird D101 has started to appear quietly in Zipato Control Center discovery... not quite there yet! Visible in discovery but not implemented correctly for production use.

Secret is out ;)

photo

good news ! I saw this option in a empty box in the add devices wizard :)

photo

I hope it's worth the wait as wiring up extra devices and end points to make this look connected is just a waste of time.

It should either fit in seamlessly as other vendors have done using the api. No halfway house ..

photo
photo

Doorbird integration is in final stage, next week it should be available in public release. In order to use doorbird device new zipabox/zipatile firmware needs to be installed. Cheers

photo

Then its going to be a very good week

Great job team zipato

photo

If doorbird works, almost any other SIP Doorbell should work aswell, huh?

photo

no not necessarily. Doorbird is SIP is different to other SIPs. Hopefully Zipato are using their own SIP and local LAN connection to the Doorbird.

photo

Which week is this coming to the public?

photo

Update info:

This week new firmware will contain update for Doorbird D101, which will be discoverable via IP network and added automatically in Zipato system. For now D101 device will have Motion and Doorbell sensor, with Light and Dooropen switch. IP camera is under implementation and will be available in few weeks.

Doorbird operates natively, which means that SIP server is not mandatory for VoIP calls.

Video tutorial will be added also for easier device installation.

photo

Great news 👍

photo

Fantastic. I'm building a house right now and have been going round in circles about driveway gate and front door intercoms. This is a perfect solution.

I know it's massively off-topic, but can someone post any forum links to supported thermostats? I was going to go for several Nest V3 (for multi-zone), but I have read they are not completely compatible with Zipato?

photo

Dont bother with Nest multizone, that's a bad idea, just get multi-zone radiator controls that work with Zipatile:

I think Danfoss valves would work then you can have granular control on rooms which is much better than large heating zones, I have Evohome Honeywell which is similar but alas Zipatile doesn't support the API (few do).

photo

Thanks Adrian. I've looked at rad controls, but they don't suit the interior design style we are doing - old school cast iron rads etc. Anyhow, sorry for hijacking thread, i'll keep searching..

photo

You are right, they look awful. But they are functional. If you want cool factor, but this wont work with Zipatile (will work with HomeKit), I'd suggest the Tado rad controls, or slightly cheaper the Elgato ones (both HomeKit). Ultra-modern with cast Iron might work (Tado)... still better than turning something all the time :|

photo

@Barrie if you're planning a complete house job and want everything tightly integrated with a lovely interface and voice controls... think back a bit as Zipatile supports limited things that are fresh on the market. It is barely working with Hue Lights. If you're going all out nuts to spend money, you might enjoy Savant Pro (not too dear for the box, very dear for the install). Or apple homekit yourself up, August video doorbell is coming in soon, possibly Doorbird, and a whole bunch of other things that might make sense. If you want look and feel to be perfect you're going to struggle on the Z-wave / Zigbee devices - they look rubbish :)

photo
photo

Seems doorbird D101 is slightly expensive, and the reviews on amazon imply this device is not very good?

photo

Ring is good, but 100% cloud based, so tied in to subscription, August cool but again closed system. Skybell is a flop... once HomeKit gives support for some of these video doorbells then the market will change again.

Doorbird gives you APIs, so it can be bent to your will, e.g. serves up video camera stream for your NAS, integrates with 3rd parties like Zipato and other home automation well beyond any other provider. Yes the iOS is app feeling dated but operationally its fast and reliable.

photo

Compared to a Ring it is a little dearer. And I haven't used a Ring in over 12 months, so cant give a good comparison. But when I did the Doorbird was miles better. Connects really quick, voice and picture is very clear, no sound feedback. Has Onvif support for NVR recording or secondary feed (no need to buy cloud recording there's $40), has inbuilt zero potential contacts on the unit itself for control of electric strikes/gate openers/garage doors, plus other connections, can be connected with WiFi or ethernet, powered by PSU or POE, api available. You can adjust the microphone and speaker levels, change the sounds of the ring.

As you can see, I like it.

photo
photo

any update?

photo

Another week then... darn

photo
photo

Doorbird basic functionality is ready and tested, in few hours new changes should be available after deployment.

photo

So close...

photo
photo

Alright. Will test over weekend

photo

Getting any closer this week, team Zipato?

photo

Today I have spotted the doorbird app on my zipatile in the app repo after refresh to see if there are any updates. I clicked on install, but did not install. perhaps i have to keep the display always on.

Can you see the app on app repo?

photo

Hellyeah! I installed it.

Does that mean, a doorbird hardware will now work on the zipatile and I can speak/hear people who are ringing? That would be awesome ^^

photo

That leaves us with one more step to find out: Does anyone have doorbird and can try it? Surely I believe that by having the app in app repo it will support the notifications so like you use the doorbird on tablet...This way you dont need to integrate it to zipato - all functionalities are supported via the doorbird app, then you dont really need to.

photo

Attila,

Yes I have one. I will test it but not at this moment. I currently have issues (Zipato support/dev team working really hard to try and help) with the Zipato app on the Zipatile (it does not show devices/rooms whatever firmware we run and what we do). As long as that is not resolved I will not make changes to the system in order to not frustate all of the efforts of the Zipato team trying to resolve my issue.

As soon as that is done I will test my Doorbird with the app and let you know what happens.

Roland

photo

I tried yesterday. Gived an error when adding and then slowly adds a light sensor, a light swith, a relay and a doorbird IP but no camera. But it does not work. There is no real connection between the zipatile and the doorbird: when switched off the doorbird does not appear offline.

photo

Bit of an odd setup to make the DoorBird app part of the Zipatile repo, might as well support other nice things that way then. Would have thought they would leverage the nice APIs it has instead, make it more native to Zipatile

photo

The api will be used as this app does not require you to set up doorbird in web ui.

Not sure but I think there will be 2 possible approaches:

1. you just want the doorbird native functionalities and use zipatile as display device (without proper integration into smarthome. You will be using the app from app repo

2. Proper integration via zipato cloud add device...

Time will tell how it works.

photo

I hope it will support the zipatile relais for the door opener... Otherwise it would not make too much sense for me

photo

Doorbird basic functionalities are available on my.zipato where D101, D101S and D202 devices can be added. If your device doesn't appear on the list please provide correct model number so it can be updated in descriptor database. After inclusion, don't forget to sync and refresh. Video tutorial will be available tomorrow.

Currently, camera is not available because it is still under implementation process.

photo

Ok, so loaded up everything correctly... few bugs (usual spelling :| )

You get the official DoorBird app (video / audio support..), not sure how that fits in yet

A few buttons hooked up to the APIs after the discovery installation; door lock, Light, and Doorbell (touch sensor), and motion. They all work on the events. Good job, although I had that before via the notifications and the other APIs

Looks like you have to hook up the events to the installed app to launch. Is that the intention?

photo

Yes, that is the intention. After doorbell button is pressed Zipatile will show notification after which Doorbird app is started and immediatly show video stream (for this new firwmware is needed). Requirement is that Doorbird app is preconfigured on zipatile before usage.

In meantime, rule creator is fully functional with Zipato sensor(Doorbell/motion) and switch (Dooropen/Light)

photo

What about making this work natively in the same ui as zipatile intercom - would look amazing there and a lot better than the doorbird app

photo

Yeah, I think so too, and a official statement, how the app is intended to work now. I am using the zipatile relais for the dooropener and the outside light. I think I need to fully reconfigure and recable that, huh?

photo

Nothing hangs together yet, the IP camera is hidden (and not even configured correctly) despite being added during discovery, it has all the wrong values.

Feels very alpha release at the moment... should take up free testing next time ;)

photo
photo

I just added my DoorBird. It works like a charm :) I can talk, open the door, see video and history. It would only be even greater as somehow the video feed could pop up as soon as the doorbell is pressed. Maybe a tip for the devs?

photo

You mean you added the DoorBird App? Not the discoverable services made by Zipato?

It might make sense if they use the APIs to serve up the video.cgi stream, and the audio listen / transmit, then its all native to Zipato (all of those APIs work well), still not sure why we need the actual DoorBird Android app

photo

Can Zipato clarify which API they are hitting during the monitoring, is the streaming connection or the polling (stateful) one? This impacts other use cases with Doorbird.

photo

DoorBird is already supported but we are still testing it before publishing. You can currently see only parts of the integration, so please don't use it until it is officially published. This will probably happen by the end of the week so there won't be too much waiting anyway.

As for the integration, DoorBird application will be necessary for communication with the DoorBird station. However, DoorBird station will be integrated completely within Zipato system, so you will be able to see IP camera, and motion sensor / button to trigger rules in rule creator.

photo

I agree with Adrian: "What about making this work natively in the same ui as zipatile intercom - would look amazing there and a lot better than the doorbird app."

photo

Doorbird works in two mods; natively with Doorbird app and as Intercom with SIP protocol. Intercom integration is at 50% of implementation because it still has few issues with calling setup and due to fact that Doorbird can not work without Internet connectivity (Doorbird Cloud communication). Goal is to support both mods at the same time.

photo

Ok that makes a lot of sense and relief. So it will be tied up with the recent release of Doorbird SIP support but needs the native app to help.

Looking forward to the last 50% now. Is it advisiable to remove the current software or leave and update on top of it ?

photo

Thanks Tomislav. just a little FYI, doorbird can work without internet, Alexys, developer of TinyCam Monitor app for android manged it for us. Using local LAN solution is the option we need for the Doorbird intercoms, so hopefully this is what you are developing with the Zipato Intercom app.

Unfortunately the Doorbird SIP will not be fully functional and operational until end of May.

Also I still can not get the Doorbird app on the Zipatile to ring the notification sound. No notification window comes up at all. Anyone else able to get it to ring the Zipato Doorbird app?

photo

I assume the doorbird lan API doesn't fit with zipatile approach or how they want to onboard it to the pro intercom.

But as you said tinycam did it by simply using the provided doorbird apis just as every other automation solution (c4, savant etc) video, audio receive and transmit is all there and no need for cloud service or SIP.

All a mystery at this point 🙃

photo

So, please let us know when it is available. We are in contact with DoorBird and they told us that very soon this will happen.

photo

Is this for real? A video intercom integration without video and intercom?

photo

50% to go... :|

photo

Patience...you'll end up happy in the end ;)

photo

Indeed :) now you've made higher expectations... it will have to be really shiny and new

photo
photo

Can zipato reveal which of the doorbird endpoints they are polling - as it is incredibly frequent 20 per second. Causing operational issues with doorbird or are you subscribing to the stream api? Or notifications api?

photo

Subscription is used for Doorbell, dooropen and motion events (min response time 10 sec). Everything is triggered manually by provided API and it shouldn't cause any operational issues with Doorbird device. If Doorbird changes localy issued IP system automatically switches to new IP

photo

Thanks 👍

photo
photo

Hi Tomislav,

We installed via App Repo, the doorbird application does not give a ringtone notification. When ringer rings, does not come on main screen (when backplane is off)

Best Regards,

Mehmet

photo

Unfortunately, new version of Touch Manager which handles notifications is not yet released. When it will be available ringer notification will work.

photo

Feeling confident it gets released today?

photo
photo

Got the Doorbird recognised by upgrading te Zipatile Firmware to the Beta version.

Also the Doorbird app became available in the App repostory.

Button, Light and Relay are accessible. The camera is listed as an IP device but does not appear in the Camera list.

Scene can be created: for example when the button is pressed.

Now waiting for Camera support and a beautiful Zipatile native interface.

photo

Did it need the beta, didn't think it did?

photo

New beta will contain fix for doorbird notifications, more info soon

photo

Any chance you post the beta version when available - get some community feedback?

photo

When new beta will be ready, I'll let you know :)

photo

Is this getting any closer for release?

photo

Doorbird notifications with ringtone fix is tested and ready for use, only deployment is missing. Day or two most likely

photo

👍 awesome

photo

New beta 1.2.19 is ready for usage, please contact support for firmware upgrade

photo
photo

Hi,

u can add the camera on your own:

rtsp://IP:8557/mpeg/media.amp

MJPEG Stream http://IP/bha-api/video.cgi

Snapshot http://IP/bha-api/image.cgi

regards Helle

photo

Looking at the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpnAsFYqcEU, at the end it shows a demonstration. I can not get it added to the Intercom app or call via the intercom app, do we have to enter the Doorbird Sip url ourselves? or should it automatically add?

photo

Demonstration is for Doorbird app usage only, where notification is shown after doorbell button is pressed. In order to do so, new firmware beta should be installed (will be available in next few days).

Intercom SIP integration with Doorbird is not done yet.

photo

Adrian. Simply said currently zipatile needsa a new beta firmware in order to work with the doorbird app. This is why it is not yet working for you. At least this is my understanding.

photo

Correct :)

photo

New firmware has come with extra goodies :) Reverb!

The notifications for Doorbird is slightly different to the video, should it present a notification then require user to touch the screen to then launch the app or it should open the app automatically?

photo

It is slightly different because it would be annoying to show doorbird app in foreground everytime doorbell button is pressed

These way notification is showed which opens the app (followed by default ringtone) when user press on it or it can be dismissed

photo

That experience makes perfect sense, and you're right about being thrown an app it wouldn't have been fun to use

photo

I do not agree on this. I was actually hoping to see the video when someone presses the bell so I can see if I need to open or not. Especially in the evening/at night. I already hear the bell ;)

photo

Actually, you can only hear a notification sound from doorbird app, but this has been changed to ringtone. But, I agree that this should be configurable option for user to choose to start app automatically or to show notification.

photo

Might want to configure how long the notification sound plays for. It only needs to notify not harass you.

I had this connected before the changes were made to be notified on the event from notifications api to action the doorbell chime - that was enough to know an action was required. Can I choose a less frequent alert?

photo

Doorbird ringtone notification sound will be modified to automatically close after 10 seconds.

Ringtone sound is from Android default ringtones, so you can switch default sound over there.

Notification/ringtone actions will be configurable soon.

photo

Doorbird automatic cancellation of notification has been implemented, and will be available in next firmware beta. Also, option for user to choose Doorbell action (Notification/Start App) has been implemented.

photo

Awesome 👍

photo

Sounds good Tomislav, but can you tell me when it will work with the Zipatile SIP. All this seems a workaround for a truly local LAN SIP solution to call multiple Zipatiles in a home. It would also be the only touchscreen tablet SIP option for Doorbird customers and integrators.

photo

Hi Adrian, What do you actually mean? As far as I saw the video the integration is excellent for the purpose of a house owner who has only one Zipatile in the living room and doorbird connected to it.

I dont think this will serve good for block of flats, as they have special requirements and that needs special hardware, zipato with doorbird is truly not for that.

photo

What I mean is that this is still cloud based. I agree it is good for a single Doorbird single Zipatile user as they dont need to buy the Pro licence either, but it isn't as good as having the Doorbird work on Local network without the need of an internet connection. This is what the Doorbird Intercom needs, a reliable Local Lan solution, and this is what the Zipatile can offer. Plus then you can call multiple Zipatiles with it. Have multiple Doorbirds, and Zipatiles without needing a PBX server. Currently only the Grandstream 3240 works, and works well, but this isn't as cool as a Zipatile on the wall.

If i was Zipato, I would design a Zipatile with Intercom SIP function that Doorbird would sell as there wall mount receiver unit. Doorbird branded and all. Just disable the HA functions. But i'm in it for the money and moving units. But I think by the time this is developed, Doorbird or someone else will have another similar solution.

photo

New firmware beta which includes fixes for doorbird is available.

photo

Hello, we have a doorbird and a Zipatile connected to it, however, when we call from the doorbird, we cannot automatically start the app, in fact, we didn't receive any notification thought Zipatile and we just follow the video, the only thing that maybe we are doing bad it could be the user and password for the DoorBird Settings where the video said zipato1 + zipato123 (we use our doorbird account and nothing happen). Can someone help us? Thank you.

photo

same issue here no message of notification

photo

Are you certain that doorbird device is added sucessfully and everything is synced? Can you see Doorbird motion sensor, open door and turn light switch? Have you choose doorbird action: start_app from doorbird device configuration? Which firmware are you running Zipabox/Zipatile?

photo

Same issue

Latest FW 1.2.24j in Zipatile and Doorbird, all Doorbird devices seen in Zipatile (Motion Sensor, ...) but no notification or app (I checked both settings in the dashboard as default is empty) and no event for the Doorbird devices in Zipatile (e.g. No motion event even motion happens. Password was checked several times...

photo

Ok, please send request on Zipato support with doorbird model and controller serial and we'll resolve the issue tomorrow.

photo

thx - I'll do :)

photo
photo

Sip for doorbird will come in due time, first is camera integration on schedule.

photo

Thanks Tomislav, but this means it is months away. A shame as we need a local solution for our shitty internet in Australia. And it would have been a good way to get Zipatiles into more homes.

Appreciate your work thus far though, thanks.

photo

I don't understand your comment. Door Bird is fully supported by Zipatile now. You can use door bird application on Zipatile, and you can use DoorBird ring button and motion sensor in the rule creator.

DoorBird doesn't officially support SIP protocol thus it is not possible to connect it to our own SIP client. However, DoorBird application is quite nice, and we don't see the necessity to use it with our own SIP client anyway.

photo
photo

After a few weeks of use and testing something is wrong with reliability or the setup. First two things are fine; door open and door light (those are simple rest calls so can't go wrong there).

Issues with stability on motion and doorbell events are not holding up for me over a day or so. I'm bringing the chat here to see if others experience the fault. Support have been ace so far to remotely restart and get it running but so far it never holds up. It's known doorbird will restart their own units periodically to avoid being stale.

Is anyone else in the same position with this working from time to time thyen dropping off completely?

photo

Adrian,

I assume Zipato is using the notification API that Doorbird has. Before Zipato had integration in the s/w I already used the Doorbird in my setup. I never used the doorbell notification as I am using a wired solution with the non-potential doorbell from Doorbird connecting to Zipato via a Fibaro Universal Sensor. I did however use the motion notification from Doorbird to set a virtual sensor in Zipato. That did work for a while but after time it started to be less and less reliable. The biggest issue is that it is missing motion/no motion events even though I can see (as the Doorbird turns on the IR light automatically on motion as I configured) the motion detection on itself does work. But the issue seems to be in the notification API. I had been in contact with Doorbird support but they told me the API is not GA so no guarantee. For that reason I simple installed a Aeotec Multisensor close to my Doorbird to solve the motion issue. This goes back a month or two so I do not know whether Doorbird had fixed things. Just wanted to share with you.

Roland

photo

Hey Rowland, I did the same thing as you with notification API, and it was flakey as you mentioned. But I have confirmed with Tom @ zipato they use the streaming API (monitor) not the notification API. I would surprised if they are using an API that is not GA, because its not working too well to be cloud to cloud. The stability is terrible, handling reconnection, faults, 509s etc is just not happening. Streaming connections will do this over the sweet REST calls.

photo

Soon enough DoorBird are looking for an IFTTT channel, then integration gets even easier.

photo
photo

Does this integration work for anyone, for longer than a day? My own node client in homebridge holds up for longer..

So has the intercom integration (worth the 100) not happen now? I've gained very little over the notification api I used to use triggering the alarm noise..

photo

Does the integration still work for people with latest doorbird firmware?

photo

It seems yes

photo

i cant comment, i gave up on the sip and doorbird option as it still operated over cloud. We have been using Linphone apk to get better connection with Doorbird intercom over LAN, and subscribing to the notification api as you were previously. the Monitoring api does not seem very good. This way we can also use a PBX controller and distribute and manage the calls over multiple phones and/or zipatiles/tablets.

photo

That's an interesting idea going to try it, as the other implementation with zipatile is too fragile (must be the only one that sees this :| )... I agree about the API its completely unstable and unreliable, am trying to get support from doorbird - next to useless.

photo

Currently, there are two open issues with doorbird communication;

1) if doorbird looses Internet connectivity, sometimes it can not recover; and when it do recover then controller sync is needed for re-establishing communication with Zipato IP device

2) Doorbird event subscription works only with one controller; it needs to be changed to ask every time for sensor statuses instead to rely on subscription.

photo

Glad to hear the openness on the issues :)

It's been a bricked experience because the network goes up and down like a yo-yo. I've switched it off due to the reliability. They have put a limit on 1 connection only to the API, this makes life difficult if you have more clients connecting in.

photo

its a common question as I was also finding it soo I got the solution of it on a website visit it and you will get your answer click on this URL

photo
photo

Any update as to when this integration will work properly?

I get about a few hours or a day at best and then it's back to failure again

photo

Try to upgrade to the latest version. Although I dont think it will help, it worth a try.

The backup is now seems to be working

photo

Nope same deal. Plus nothing in the release notes to suggest a change

photo

Hey team Zipato, can you confirm if this implementation is using the notifications API to register itself to DoorBird now (possibly did before)? I noticed it register the IP for Zipatile after adding the service to the zipatile. doorbell and dooropen were both there..

If so, it then makes it the only LAN client that can do this - broke other things I had in place using the APIs. I have had to dump it now and unregister from DoorBird, caused the end system to switch off. That's a worry.

photo

Nothing has been changed for Doorbird device; API subscription is used from firmware version 1.2.12. New official version Doorbird app will be availabe today on Zipato AppRepo.

Please distinguish issue difference between Zipato an Doorbid implemenation teams because Zipato has implemented everything by the book from provided Doorbird API, but issues with interrupted Cloud stream and subscription restarts remain on Doorbird team side.

Known issues:

Currently, there are two open issues with doorbird communication;

1) if doorbird looses Internet connectivity, sometimes it can not recover; and when it do recover then controller sync is needed for re-establishing communication with Zipato IP device (because subscription is restarted)

2) Doorbird event subscription works only with one controller; it needs to be changed to ask every time for sensor statuses instead to rely on subscription.

This issues will be resolved by modifying code logic and replacing subscription with direct API calls, but at this point I can not say when it will be available.

Regards

photo

Ok sounds good, I agree about DoorBird - it is not playing ball at the moment. Hard to pin what's happening as an end user. Look forward to the updates, till then its switched off and out of the system

photo

I'm not convinced about the setup process. Having cleaned down the notifications subscriptions to Doorbird, then adding the plugin again to zipatile. Instantly this shows up, now x.x.x14 is the Zipatile address. Thus wiping out everything I had. How can you be using notifications api and not use it? Cloud API is a bit different I imagine

{"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1", "NOTIFICATIONS": [{"event": "motionsensor","subscribe": "1","url": "http://192.168.0.14:8080/rest/doorbell/2fbb9324-4d39-4ea7-8f4d-cc32127e82ad/1","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "10"},{"event": "doorbell","subscribe": "1","url": "http://192.168.0.14:8080/rest/doorbell/2de16f6d-baa1-4988-bacc-b887b6b98609/1","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "10"},{"event": "dooropen","subscribe": "1","url": "http://192.168.0.14:8080/rest/doorbell/56572864-1cfc-4ebe-bd8b-dbb9acdf416f/1","user": "","password": "","relaxation": "10"}]}}

photo

Way is this still not working?

photo

I have doorbird working for a longer time now. Even after I restart the zipatile, it works. It works more reliable (when someone press the button a notification is started and/or the app is launched) than on my phone.

photo

I have set the Doorbird to open te app on the tile in IP->Doorbird->settings -> "open_App"

The Doorbell Touch state is responding to Active. No Sound and No App opening....

If i open the app on the tile manual i have video.

set the app to LAN mode also.

am i missing something?

photo

I know this is a pretty old thread. I think video doorbells have evolved. I was once impressed with Doorbird, however happy with my current setup which is Ring Doorbell Pro. There's a SkyBell too. You can compare if you are looking for a video doorbell.

photo

So you are using the Ring Doorbell Pro ? How ? without SIP support ??

Do you have the screen activated on the zipatile ?

photo

Thanks!

photo

Planning to buy Doorbird Doorbell after reading the Positive Reviews. Currently using RIng Doorbell Pro.

photo

Never preferred DoorBird Video Door Station D101. You can take a look at some other Keyless door locks. For businesses wishing to strengthen their security, keyless entry systems provide numerous advantages. Here are some of the advantages that a keyless entry system can provide for your company.

Improved Security- When it comes to current security locks, traditional keys are easy to misplace, copy, and are plain archaic. Every authorised user of a keyless entry system must have a unique credential that grants them entrance to the building. This minimises the odds of an intruder getting access by stealing or copying a traditional key.

Easier to Manage - conventional lock-and-key techniques require locks to be retooled and new keys to be made every time an employee departs the organisation for security reasons. This can quickly become costly for organisations with significant turnover, and if not done, it increases the risk of intrusions. Without dismantling the entire system, electronic keyless systems can be modified. Businesses may add new users and revoke credentials without having to change keycards because everything is available in an online system.

Remote access is also possible with a cloud-managed system. This feature is very beneficial to companies with various locations. Admins can change schedules and lock and unlock doors without ever having to leave the office.

Better Data Insight- Unless you have a video surveillance system with time stamps, you can't identify who accessed doors when using standard keys. Keyless entry systems can track all entry activities in real time since they use encrypted communication to confirm credentials. This is useful for regularly auditing the system as well as responding to emergencies or security risks.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file