Where can I find the SIP functionality in the PRO environment?

Jochen Bonne shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

I upgraded to Pro in order to activate the SIP functionality to have the Zipatile work with door stations (in my case Doorbird) but there is no sign of a SIP or door opening shortcut and even the camera is not streaming video.

Replies (6)

photo

it still a feature that 'hasnt" gone live yet...

photo

ah ok. that was not clear to me

photo

One question. Can you download the doorbird app and install on zipatile to see if this works? This can be partial integration as you will have all functionality within the doorbird app.

photo

Hi Attila. App works on Zipatile, BUT when it is in the background you do not hear the ring of the door bird app and the App does not pop up to the front.

You get a notification in the top bar of the screen like you would when a download is completed.

photo

Hi Jochen. Can you go to Android settings->Notifications, find the doorbird app and change the notification tipe so it will be prioritized?

Then test and let me know. I just had skype tested and if the app was not active (small skype sign in the status bar) the phone did not ring. However when the app was active (regardless of background or screen turned off) it did ring on full screen.

Can you please test it and let me know?

photo

Hi Atilla,

Changed priority as requested.

No effect: the doorbird app only whisles when active in the foreground...

photo

this is because the Doorbird notification relies on Google services running, and as the Zipatile has no google services (playstore) it receives no notifications.

I have tried playing with the Doorbird local LAN api and the notification requests with a virtual sensor in Zipato, but no luck. My skills and patience just aren't up to it.

photo
photo

has anyone tried using the Doorbird api and getting the notification request? Then use this in a virtual sensor in Zipato. Then you can use the inbuilt siren/chime or lights etc.

photo

Yes I have doorbird notifications api hooked up to a virtual sensor.

You need to escape the & in the query string or it will never call it. The api does a push event on doorbell or motion.

Then it's all yours to wrap up with other zipatile things.

photo

can you explain what is to do exactly I‘m a Newby

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file