Intercom mobile app not working

Dirk shared this problem 6 years ago
In Progress

Hello,

downloaded the Intercom mobile app from Google Play store.

Once opened I get the 'unable to create new device' message.

I have the SIP server fully functional created within Cluster and also activated in Web GUI.

My Zipatile contact is visible from the Intercom application within the Tile.

Does anybody know how to get the mobile application working?

Resetting of Tile and cache clean for the Intercom app does not work

Replies (7)

photo

to be honest I have given up on Intercom SIP feature. It constantly drops offline and doesnt connect. And then when it does, you need to physically open the app again for it to register itself and the other devices.

We created one in a cluster together with a 2N Vario intercom and have had nothing but problems. My advice, get a proper pbx and use some other software.

photo

Ok, thank you very much for your feedback. Hopefully the Zipato staff will re-check the issue and come up with a solution or workaround?

Highly appreciated.

Thanks

photo

Anything from official POV?

photo

Hi,

We released new SIP server version 1.5.0 which fix multiple issues with SIP server.

With new SIP server version you have very stable system and log where you can track what is happening on your SIP server.

After we develop stable SIP server version we upgrade Intercom app with multiple different functionalities.

Now when Zipato SIP solution become stable system we start fixing Intercom app on mobile phone.

Biggest issue is that video codec that is compatible with most doorphones have issues with android devices.

We detect this problem and I need to ask you for little more patience fix will be available soon.

Best regards,

photo

Any updates on this one?

Thanks

photo

I´m having the same issue, using SIP Server 1.5 and the last intercom.

photo

If installing in a commercial or industrial build I would highly recommend staying away from the Zipato sip server. Get a PBX and set it up correctly with other apps. The sip server is horribly unreliable, it drops off clients and they do not register until you either open the intercom app up or restart the sip server unit. I have tried this in a few setups, with different intercoms and it simple isn't reliable enough. Zipatile to zipatile on the same Lan seems pretty good though, as you need to open the intercom app to use it every time, it re registers itself every time.

If someone has had better experience I would love to hear it and see the examples of the set ups.

As for the intercom app on a mobile I haven't tried this for a while so can't comment.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file