This object is in archive! 

Siren device not showing in Alarm configuration

Ian Byles shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

Hi ,

I've added a Fortezz alarm (SAA 03) as a siren device and its working ok. However, I can't see it in the select siren list in the Alarm configuration. I've tried various "Show As Device" options but can't get it to work.

Ian

Replies (4)

photo

When I look at that siren, it shows a slider bar and percentage.......... seems like it has not been included properly and somehow shows as a dimmer device....?

photo

Yes, good thought. Try to remove, reset and reinclude.

photo

HI Thanks,

I'll try and reset. but I believe it is a multilevel device, thats why its been included with a slider bar, can this be changed?

From the Fortress manual:

Controlling the SSA3 (MultiLevel Switch Command Class or Basic Command Class)

If a Z-Wave MultiLevel Switch Set or Basic Set signal with a value of 67 to 99 or 255 is received by the SSA3, the unit

will sound a 120-decibel audible alarm and will flash the strobe lights. A value of 1 to 33 will turn on only the strobe

lights while a value of 34 to 66 will turn on only the siren. The same messages with value 0 will turn off both the siren

and strobe lights.

I'll let you know how it goes after the weekend.

Ian

photo

I've got around the problem by setting up a virtual switch that does show as a siren, then use rules to turn the real siren on and off.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file