Problem with including: "Manufacturer_specific_report not received"

Antti Vari shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Device is: MCO Home thermostat MCOEMH7-WH.

I've tried many times now and get the same message on every inclusion. Exclusion works fine afterwards but inclusion is not.

Any suggestions?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Antti,

I have had the same issue with Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor, I opened a ticket on Zipato Support and they told me that a couple firmware upgrades ago they added the "secure inclusion" mode to Zipato and some devices haven't so in order to add these devices you have to keep manually waking up the device after inclusion so it sends the required report to the controller. Take a look at your device manual so you see how to wake it up.

photo

Thanks for this! After including and excluding for 30-40 times - it included the unit with no issues, now i will check if i can do something with this as well. :-)

photo

it works, however not really designed as a standalone product. You need to include it in the virtual thermostat. I ahve 4 at home and using them this way. As the products does not have template (and I dont know what else is needed), it is not possible to send or change configuration parameters for some reason. At least if you need you can change the parameters directly on the device. It also is not really included in the network heal, however on root level it shows which devices are neighbour.

photo
photo

I just purchased several of these and had a very hard time adding them; likely due to the sensor going to sleep. What I found worked reasonably reliably was to do the following steps:

1) Do a Factory Reset of the sensor by pressing the button for 20 seconds.

2) Reboot the ZipaBox

3) Ensure I keep the sensor within a couple of inches from the ZipaBox

4) Start the add device process (which begins a sensor reset)

5) Press the sensor's button

6) The inclusion process begins

7) Press the sensor's button

8) Continuously wave the sensor across the close-door magnet to ensure sensor does not go to sleep

Leave a Comment

Attach a file