This object is in archive! 

Aeotec Minimote - not sure to how to configure

Andrew Badge shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Hi,

I have a Aeotec Minimote with the latest firmware. Its paired fine with the Zipato box and shows as a Zwave device. I can see the device when creating rules but the actions don't correspond to the buttons.

What do you do now? Do i have to set the device to a certain type? or configure it in a certain way?

Screenshot attached.

Replies (1)

photo

My rule creator has many more options:

3febb02f8ff8089c9cb35c6b71aac934

Those descriptions do not seem to reflect what is really happening with the buttons. Here is what I believe the settings are:

1.scene = Button 1 push

2.scene = Button 1 held

3.scene = Button 2 push

4.scene = Button 2 held

5.scene = Button 3 push

6.scene = Button 3 held

7.scene = Button 4 push

8.scene = Button 4 held

not sure what the rest of the scenes are for.

I am also not sure how to get a double press or triple press to work.

photo

Hi Vernon,

Thanks for the reply. Was your device was configured in "Scene Mode" (option 250=1)?

Did you have to set this? If you did set the value; did the option refresh after time or did you have to remove and re-add?

Thanks Andrew

photo

Yes, my understanding is that we have to use it in Scene Mode. I cannot remember if I had to re-add afterwards; it was about a year ago when I got those remotes. I remember that I had a very difficult time getting them paired and configured.

photo

Hello experts, I am trying to add the minimote, inclusion worked but I don't get the scene mode activated. It looks like the picture from Andrew. Does anyone can give me an advice how to change the mode. After inclusion to the tile the is just one parameter " wake up time" I tried to add the parameter 250,1,1 but I get an error. Wake up on the minimote is strange. According to the manual you have to press learn button for 3 sec. Sometime it seems to work ( error to set parameter) , sometimes I get an out of time error.

Thanks

Simon

photo

Does anyone has any more information on how to pair, configure and use the Minimote on a Zipabox?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file