This object is in archive! 

How to configure a NEO Coolcam motion sensor?

Philippe Bidlot shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Can someone help me to configure the sensor. The motion sensor is working but the lux sensor isn't. Maybe someone has an example to share.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Philippe,

I just recently bought two as well and am still experiencing with them. Movement works reasonably ok, but the lux-sensors are not really accurate.

Even when positioned right next to eachother, "PIR1" reads 7169 lux and "PIR2" reads 4444lux... They are litterly positioned in the same light,.. So I guess it's a matter of trial and error with each individual device to determine the values depending on the light.

I cannot show you my settings unfortunately, somehow my Zipatile settings is only showing 1 configuration option now, I didn't change anything though, besides option 9; I set that to 25 (standard=100), but to be honest, I still have to find out how accurate lux is changed. Perhaps '100' will do, but I have the feeling that in a darker room the sensor doesn't read much above 0 lux :-)

Let me if you find out any tips/tricks :-)!

Readings:

56e24dc78bcfa9d444fcbefe98f3e854

Physical setup while reading above:

eeda7f44e1d29cf1eb30915e63935d9f

photo

Hi all,

Weird thing happened... After downgrading the firmware (it resulted in weird values on my devices) I might stumble upon the same issue as Philippe about configuring the NEO Coolcam.

When I just received them, connected them to my Zipatile, everything was recognized fine:

- 1 module;

- a motion sensor in it;

- a light meter in it.

After 2 days though, Zipatile seems to think that the module can read temperatures as well, which it cannot.

I am not sure whether this is the way to go, but I tried "forcing" the module to be recognized as a light (lux) sensor, but that doesn't work.

When I go to the device browser (left side), you can see that the PIR2-LUM actually shows a value which might be correct (let's just state that the values differ depending on the light, I have no idea if these numbers are actually accurate).

On the module side though, I don't have the option to work with the lux-meter:

0ef6e82a572391abe1442bbb5d88ab50

In the Module manager, the device is split up into several 'units' (?) I guess; group 2-4 won't be used by me, and being able to differentiate the other sensors I renamed them. 'Motion Sensor PIR2b' works fine, although:

'Motion Sensor PIR2b' is shown in my Device Browser, but I have to chose the 'Motion Sensor PIR2' as a device (in the Module > Sensor section on the right)

The weird thing is though, that the device thinks the second 'unit' is a temperature-unit, but it's ONLY a light-meter (lux meter). I forced this 'Neo Temp Sensor' to act as a 'Light sensor' (no other relevant options to chose), but that doesn't give the expected result,

The 'PIR2-LUM' is configured as a brightness meter, but that setting is immediate resetted by the Zipatile.

d8d44f4b476d9142027e15152ade797e

7b6ed91fd185bdecf718db7d8149bbe6

When trying to use the 'Neo Temp Sensor' as a light-meter (lux meter), it only gives me the option to chose for 'Temperature' - which it can not meassure...

91e1e7097837453eefba60395ae7e7ad

Anybody who can help? Am I configuring it wrong as well? As stated; Out of the box it seemed plug and play, but all of a sudden the settings are changed and weird... Resetting the device or connecting it again, doesn't help either.

photo

I'm experiencing the same thing, did you mange to find a fix?

photo

Its not a bug, its a bad device configuration.

Trough custom configuration options, just set parameter 99 to 5230 and it will work.

brgs

photo

Thanks, it worked out :-)

photo

Hey Kenth, could you please make a printscreen of the config? Still doesn't work for me... :-(

photo

Hello Everyone,

4faa3def19abe7db009cab2bbc8e46a4

Vedran? Is it correct?

photo

Great advice, thnx! I would also like to know if Omar A. set it up correctly. I don't have it working yet.

photo

Hi,

In my case, after several sending of value '5230' on parameter 99. When I check the value by the retrieve button, it display '5320'!!!

/47467cac2de610636a3ec3e6ce1c8238

what is wrong ?

Regards,

William

photo
photo

does the luminance sensor in general works? are there any constraints?

it seems that it cannot measure values below 50lux, or changes when light is below 50lux. can anybody look into event history if you have there values below 50?

photo

I guess no! lux measurement on NEO COOLCAM Motion sensors are just to set if motion trigger the switch or not related to luminosity. Exactly like a spot with motion sensor. Not to have a real lux value.

/bdf210432a1464f7da53dee64273abc8

photo

For example, during the night, my device return value "0.00" but during the day, it is sometimes positive value like 31'600 or negative values like -26'500. I couldn't explain why but I'm highly interrested by an explaination.

/edde0f96244faeff90dd7a1d599539fe

photo

You should ask Zipato about that. But a wild guess is that the luminance is between 0 and 65K. And negative values are 32767 - negative value: meaning i.e: -26500 means 32767 + 26500. Or something like that.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file