This object is in archive! 

False Alarm

Dock shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi, I have some problems with my system consisting of Zipilatile and various devices such as Fibaro, Philio, Everspring etc ...Suddenly and without any apparent reason it appears to trigger an alarm (smoke or flood) and all the lights turn on and the shutters rise. How can I locate the triggering event? Thank you

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Dock,

This seems like a weird behaviour for your Virtual Alarm. You can see "events" of the virtual alarm by going to device browser / alarms / and events on the desired partition, see attached. Also you can configure "reports" on the same virtual alarm by going to settings / reports and you can add yourself as email / push / sms (requires credits), emails are very descriptive and they show which zone triggered the alarm.

As I mentioned before this seems like a weird behaviour, did you configurated the lights and shutters as Siren? or through a rule to trigger when the alarm is Tripped? otherwise is not a standard behaviour on an event of smoke or flood, usually unless you change something in the alarm configuration these will only trigger their own device's alarms and siren (if any configured) or reports (if any configured).

photo

Alberto, thanks for your support.

Unfortunately my alarm log does not report anything, and I haven't configured my lights and blinds as a siren nor have any rule configured that could trigger this mechanism.

The issue persists and at least once a day I get this erratic behavior.

I was wondering how Zipato treats such things as temperature alarms (temperatures rapidly surging over a threshold). Do they trigger the main security alarm or what?

I wonder if Zipato support team has a way to get into my system and check if there is something wrong "under the hood", or give me some suggestions on what to check for, like a "out of control" device that triggers this...

photo
photo

Yes, just raise a ticket on support.zipato.com use your normal credentials to log in.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file