This object is in archive! 

Extra switches

Jonas Göthlin shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi !

I want to add extra switches in my zipatile system.

I have tried Philips switches/dimmer

and

http://www.bitronvideo.eu/index.php/produkte/smart-home-produkte/wandschalter/

and

https://www.trust.com/en/product/71171-zigbee-remote-control-zyct-202

I can not get any of them to work, The only one that the system finds is the bitronvideo, but it can only be registerd and no switches is added to the system.

What is wrong ? If these switches don't work. Which switches do.

Best Answer
photo

Firstly Zipato uses Zigbee HA1.2 not Zibgee lIght Link such as Philips Hue. To use Hue Lights you need to use the Hue bridge, this then connect with Zipato over IP. The remote switch above is ZLL. The switch above is ZHA1.2, so this should work, but you will need to contact support for them to integrate it, and most likely send them a switch.

Zigbee and also Z-wave for that matter, does not mean a device of this protocol immediately connects to a HUB running this protocol, you still need the manufacturer of the HUB to integrate the device.

And for z-wave, it could even mean the same product, but with a different manufacturer ID could cause it to not be discovered and added to your HUB correctly (some endpoints may work, others may not). Case and point Oomi products that are essentially Aeotec. We had issues adding these until Zipato did a quick addition via the z-wave registry.

But whereas Z-wave is a more common protocol, Zigbee is not, there are many different standards you need to consider, including manufacturer specific Zigbee Pro platforms.

Replies (1)

photo

Firstly Zipato uses Zigbee HA1.2 not Zibgee lIght Link such as Philips Hue. To use Hue Lights you need to use the Hue bridge, this then connect with Zipato over IP. The remote switch above is ZLL. The switch above is ZHA1.2, so this should work, but you will need to contact support for them to integrate it, and most likely send them a switch.

Zigbee and also Z-wave for that matter, does not mean a device of this protocol immediately connects to a HUB running this protocol, you still need the manufacturer of the HUB to integrate the device.

And for z-wave, it could even mean the same product, but with a different manufacturer ID could cause it to not be discovered and added to your HUB correctly (some endpoints may work, others may not). Case and point Oomi products that are essentially Aeotec. We had issues adding these until Zipato did a quick addition via the z-wave registry.

But whereas Z-wave is a more common protocol, Zigbee is not, there are many different standards you need to consider, including manufacturer specific Zigbee Pro platforms.

photo

Thanks !

Not Realy a good standard then. Does someone know If thet Will incorporate zigbee lighy std into the zipatail./ Jonasn

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file