David Pritchard shared this problem 4 years ago
Known

Anyone else have this problem?

Replies (7)

photo

Same problem.

photo

Yes I have the same problem!

Assuming that the log is maintained locally on my zipabox, I don't understand how this can happen for all of us at the same time.

photo

Same problem here

photo

It's clear that the log is in the cloud. And every couple of weeks there's some kind of server problem (at the start of each month, guaranteed) and the log disappears. Worse still, if you want to obtain the value of certain attributes of certain devices, it seems clear that the value comes from the log. So if the log is down, you can't send that value in an email to create your own log, either. One example is awnings that only operate in summer. Once summer is over, the awning position value stops changing and it drops out of the log, because the log only records changes and only stretches back a few weeks. Once the value isn't in the log, if you attempt to send the position of the awning in an HTTP request you just get garbage.

photo

Today's case is a bit weirder because if I click "latest" I get a list of recent events. But if I consult the log for a particular device, it stops at 4:15. So I'm guessing that that "latest" is stored locally, and the log is stored in the cloud.

photo

It seems like the events are arriving with a very long delay. For example at the moment I have events until around 22:00 yesterday.

Slightly offtopic question: I know how to see the events on my mobile, but is there a way to see them on my computer? There I only know how to see the charts (which I can't see on my mobile...)

photo

Yep, the log is consistently lagging around 12 hours behind the current time.

How do you see events on the mobile? iPhone or Android? On Android I don't think they're available.

On the web interface the events are in the bottom section on the left, where the little notebook icon is.

photo

Thanks for the tip on the notebook. I had completely forgotten about that one.

On the android app every device (switch, virtual meter with variables,...) has three vertically aligned dots (like "..." but then vertical) on the right upper corner. If you click it you can select "Event" which will load the history of events for that device.

photo

Ha! Snap! I never knew you could see the events there in the Android app. Very useful. Thanks!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file