This object is in archive! 

Mqtt no connection

Riccardo Stronati shared this problem 3 years ago
In Progress

Hi I have successfully set up the mqtt network on zipabox. After some days I changed the broker ip from ip to hostname with the rest api and I cannot see anymore the box mqtt topics.

I tried to put the ip back but still no topics. I tried to remove the mqtt network but it seems impossible and I tried to reboot the zipabox.

Do you have any other advice? Is there a way to check the mqtt errors or system log?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi,

Perhaps you can publish your mqtt configuration here (from the api) because it should work (hostname)

photo

Hi, thanks for you replay.

I managed by adding a new mqtt network with hostname which has deleted the previous one and start to work.

thanks for your time

photo

Hey John, Riccardo

as I still have problems to get the mqtt working I am highly interested in your solution. What means "hostname"? Does it mean not to address

TCP://192.168.0.59:1883
but to use eg. TCP://openhab:1883 ? And, Riccardo, how did you manage to delete the privious, not working mqtt network? Please let me have a more detailled description of what you did.

Thanks

Bernd

photo

Hi Bernd,

Hostname is a friendly name for your rpi. You will see this hostname when you make a connection to your rpi and can change that with openhabian-config. So hostname = the ip address of your ip board. The advantage of using a hostname is that when you change the ip-address of your rpi you don't have to change it in the MQTT setting.

When looking in the Zipabox I saw that you can create a new MQTT network. I have not tried it but i think this wil replace the existing one.

John

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file