This object is in archive! 

Problem on-off Nexa PER-1500

Tommie Nordholm shared this problem 9 years ago
Known

Problem

Have a few Nexa PER-1500 and having some problems. No problems connecting to Zipabox but nothing happens when I switch the on/off in admin. I assume it's a software problem. Feels like the signal never leaves the box.

Tested

a) Units have code released, they are clean and good to go (otherwise the wouldn't connect I assume)

b) Tried the units with a Telldus/Tellstick and they're working like a charm

Any ideas?

Replies (7)

photo

Could you add any Nexa sending device, ie. remote or switch?

My Zipaboxes build-in 433 module died completely after second added Nexa device. It won't send or receive anymore. Now i'm waiting new external module.

photo

Jki wrote:

Can you add any Nexa sending device, ie. remote or switch?

My Zipaboxes build-in 433 module died completely after second added Nexa device. It won't send or receive anymore. Now i'm waiting new external module.

Own post editing not possible? Corrected to quote.

photo

Jki wrote:

Could you add any Nexa sending device, ie. remote or switch?

Yes, I can add devices. But not switch on/off.

photo

I have a lots of Nexa PER-1500 and I have Zipabox Duo ( Built in 433Mhz module ) and yes I also have Telldus live ( which now, after Zipabox installed, just reading some unsupported by Zibabox Viking temperature readers which I have at every room http://www.teknikmagasinet.fi/tuotevalikoima/koti/lampomittarit/viking-remote-thermo-sensor ).

I do not have any problems to switch off or on those plugins on admin mode or trough Nexa Wall switch ( binded ) or trough PC web page or trough Adroid app.

But I have upgraded my antennas on Zipabox and as well on Telldus Live.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6391009871.html?orderId=64953046034386

photo

@Ismo. Sounds like a similar setup I aim for. Have a externa antenna as well, different brand - http://www.conrad.se/?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=190073&tpl=tpl_read_prod_rating.htm&ws_tp1=nl&ref=reviewreminder/190073

When trying I had the PER-1500 right beside the Zipabox, the problem isn't signal strength.

photo

Amateur radio for 70cm band, or uhf scanner is quite handy device for listening, if Zipabox sending anything after switching command. These signals are not usual fm modulation, but it is clearly audible, when radio is tuned to 433,925MHz and squelch is turned off. Then, if you can't hear anything after some send command, it is possible, that radio module (433) is somehow defective, like mine.

photo

Domagoj Pintaric wrote:

Hi Tommie,

Are you trying with this external antenna you have or with the one you received with your ZipaBox.

Also do you have any 433 transmitter (some remote for example) connected to the ZipaBox? If so what is the range, is it more than few meters?

Regards,

Domagoj

@domagoj Tried with both the one I received and my external one.

No external transmitter in the house.

Based on the discussion above I'll get a few new PER-1500 to be able to test and try from a clean slate.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file