This object is in archive! 

Heatit thermostat for electric floor heating - does Zipato support it?

Troels Kjær Rasmussen shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

I am considering buying two of these thermostats to control DEVI floor heating...

http://www.heatit.com/

But I am not sure if Zipato and HeatIt are compatible. In the compability chart of Vesternet.co.uk ( http://www.vesternet.com/compatibility/z-wave-compatibility-guide )it says no, but I was wondering if anyone got this device to work, since it would complete my HVAC setup.

If not also consider this an apeal to integrate with this device for the Zipato team :)

If anyone knows of any out-of-the-box alternatives to control Electric floorheating with in floor NTC sensor, inputs are welcome

Best Regards

T Rasmussen

Replies (9)

photo

It states in Heatit´s marketing materials, that it supports Zipato - but is it just hot sales air, or did they really test it with zipato.

I´ll try to contact the producing company instead.

photo

Yesterday I was able to test it:

- Temperature sensor seems to work

- I can set the temperature threshold for SETPOINT_HEATING by rule

- I can set the temperature threshold for SETPOINT_ENERGY_SAVE_HEATING by rule, but shortly thereafter it is 0°C again

- I was not able to set the THERMOSTAT_MODE (heat/eco/off) by rule

- Ther is no GUI support to set the temperature thresholds or mode. The same applies to the iOS app.

photo

Hey Andre

Thx for testing. No feedback from the producer of HeatIt yet.

So it seems you can control a day scheme with the scheduler by seeting up a virtual thermostat which has built in scheduler/program? - had to do this for my Danfoss living Z thermostats anyway, so all thermostats are virtual in my set-up.

Do you know if this works?

Strange with the SETPOINT_ENERGY_SAVE_HEATING returning to 0 after a while. Do you know if this happens at the device wake-up time or just randomly after a while?

@Zipato: Could you please put this on your list for adding support? - Electric floor heating is essential to HVAC functionality and there are very few alternatives to HeatIT in EU market.

photo

It is already supported. Also, we will add some improvements in GUI soon.

photo

regarding...

- I can set the temperature threshold for SETPOINT_ENERGY_SAVE_HEATING by rule, but shortly thereafter it is 0°C again

>>> with the new beta firmware 0.9.999.5 the reported value of SETPOINT_ENERGY_SAVE_HEATING is correct now

- I was not able to set the THERMOSTAT_MODE (heat/eco/off) by rule

>>> My mistake: With the right value ("ENERGY_SAVE_HEAT") you can also set the THERMOSTAT_MODE to eco

- Ther is no GUI support to set the temperature thresholds or mode. The same applies to the iOS app.

>>> Still no gui support to change the values

photo

I have bought these thermostats. They seem to work more or less OK, but I have some erratic results when I try to set up rules or for the temperature readings. Anyone has managed to achieve something? I could really use some help here...

photo

I am using one with the virtual thermostat pro. Works great, it runs the schedule and heating comes on at setpoints during the week.

photo

I have 3 of the devices and they have been running fine for several months. Suddenly on dec 1st they all started increasing their SETPOINT by 0.2-0.5 C.

They were only doing it when controlled by virtual thermostats, so I deleted those, but the problem appeared again when I created new virtual thermostats. In the end I figured out to set them up with only "OUTPUT" and "THERMOMETER" assigned in the virtual thermostat an now it Works fine again. I suspect the erratic behaviour was related to the SETPOINT_ENERGY_SAVE_HEATING and Hysterisis. My best explanation was that the virtual termostats send hyst 0.5 and every time the device (which had auto 0.2 hysterisis set) replied with 0.2, which then again made the virtual thermostat react with 0.5 increase. Not very Scientific, but my best guess to thes point.

My best advice is therefor: try to unset the "INPUT" on the virtual thermostat (pro) and control it hard by setpoint + set SETPOINT to master in the configuration of the z-wave itself.

photo

hello,

can you detail your explanation. I still don't know how to associate the setpoint of the rel with the setpoint of the virtual thermostat.

photo
photo

Nice catch. Maybe the problem would be solved if you set hysteresis to 0 in the virtual device?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file