This object is in archive! 

Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001 - temperature rule creator

Julie G shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

I connect my Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001 (Z-Wave) with my Zipato. I can see all measures like temperature and luminance. I want to create a rule with the temperature. Exemple : to have a message when temperature is 10 degrees. I can't see the measure temperature in the rule creator like you can see in this image. And,Zipato mention that this sensor is supported. So, what is the problem ?

thanks

Replies (8)

photo

Hi, You cannot use root device in the rules. It does not work. You need to find the temperature subdevice and include that in the rule. Something like this attached. Fibaro is fully supported.

photo

Thanks for your comments but like you can see in my picture, in my list of measures (module) I only see Root device, nothing else .... In my dashboard, I see the temperature sensor. So I can't choose anything else of root device ...

photo

Hi Julie, open the setting for the actual temperature device and un-thick option "Hide in rule creator". if you have it already un-thicked, than do the opposite (thick). Sync, refresh. Then un-thick it, sync, refresh. Now it should be in rule creator. Sometimes it just stuck in the web interface.

I also attached the rule that should work. You are always starting with a "When" block nothing else (just saying as on your picture you have a repeat block). Every block starts with a "When" regardless of whatever you want to achieve. And last, you dont want to send you a message when temperature is 10 degrees, because you will not get a message if the temperature is 10.1 or 9,9 degrees. You rather want a equals or lower (like in the attached rule)

photo

When I open the configuration page (sensor 1.png) , I don't see <Hide in rule creator> (hide.png). So, I did many test with check and uncheck the box option and I never see the Temperature in rule creator. Also, I check/uncheck the <Hide ini rule creator> box for root device and I don't see any change in the device list, Root device is always showed. My firmware is 0.0.999.8 and I don't upgrade tp pro version. Are you sure than this multi-sensor is supported ?

photo

try it, like in the picture

photo

I tried (see device manager.jpg) but I never see the temperature device into the list of device (devices list.png). I synchronized many times and I check/uncheck the <Hide in rule creator> and the <Show as device> box, I never see the device ... :-(

photo
photo

Best is if you remove, reset and reinclude the device. Also you can try to update your box to the latest beta version 8w.

photo

I updated my box with the newest version. I deleted and added the device 2 times ... it didn't work ... I remark that the device is Fibaro Binary Sensor in my list but I have a Fibaro Zwave Multi Sensor For Motion, Temperature, Light (FGMS-001) in my hands ... is it normal ?

photo

Have you reset the sensor before you added it?

I just included one and this what I received.

photo

To reset the sensor follow attached instruction and than remove and reinstall the battery.

photo

I have 5 Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS-001.

And this is how I am configuring and renaming them.

photo

The row "Groventré Fibaro Motion Sensor" is configured as this:

photo

The row "Groventré Fibaro Sensors" is configured as this:

photo

The row "Groventré LUMINANCE" is configured as this:

photo

The row "Groventré TEMPERATURE" is configured as this:

photo

The row "Groventré Shock Sensor" is configured as this:

photo

And the sensor "Groventré Fibaro FGMS-001 motion sensor" is configured like this.

The temperature offset is not working yet but I hope they fix it soon.

photo

Thank you for your answer but it doesn't work ...

- I reset the sensor

- I reset the Zipato Box

- I use the last version of firmware

I bought a Fibaro FGMS-001 (multi-sensor) but I see a Binary Sensor in the Zipato dashboard like you can see in the attach file. So when I open the rule creator, I don't have the luminance and temperature meter... I can use only the binary state (ON/OFF).

I thought it would be easier ....

thanks for you help

photo

Well for some reason your device includes wrong. Is this the Zwave Plus version? I wonder if this can be the reason behind it (perhaps the Zwave Plus verion is a different device and does not have the descriptors properly configured).

Get in touch with support.zipato.com - surely they can help.

photo
photo

Hi Julie, did you ever get this sorted out?

I too have exactly the same problem FGMS-01 is reporting as a binary sensor. I am using firmware 1.0.10

Any help is always appreciated

Leave a Comment

Attach a file