This object is in archive! 

My new ZXT-120 Z Wave AC-IR extender make my AC beep every 5th sec.

Finn Berner shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I have a Mitsubishi Kirigamine Heat Pump that I want to control with a ZXT Z-Wave controller. I have found that IR code (0228) that seems to work, but a new problem occure as the zxt controller sends a signal to the AC that is confirmed with a beep from the AC every 5 sec. Can anybody tell me what I doing wrong? My family is threatening to throw both me and the Zipato out of the house if the beeping don't stop. When using it with learned codes I don't have any problem. Only when I try to use the Z-wave and zipato virtual thermostat combination.

Replies (9)

photo

same issue here, this is happening when you create the virtual thermostat, to solve the issue i created a new thermostat and add the ZXT for heat output as well.

hope this work for you

photo

Yes, the IR extender should be used as heat and also as cool output depending on your configuration. If you have AC unit for cooling, than it also needs to be cool output. The virtual thermostat also required a temperature unit (thermometer) which might not be the best idea to use the IR extender as it only measures if the temperature difference if more than 1 degree. This means realistically it would be 1 degree hysteresis. For cooling purpose this might be adequate but for heating might not be.

photo

I'm having this issue with heating mode. all outputs and thermometer point to the zxt. firmware is 1.1.38. I tried beta 1.2.9, which also beeped every few seconds. Only thing that helps with the beeping is to turn the virtual thermostat off.

photo

mine has the same problem with 1.2.9. the only way to stop it is to leave blank the thermometer input.

But then i dont know if its going to work properly if the temperature chages a lot.

it does the same thing if i use as input the ir and if i use the thermometer from the Zipatile.

photo

I found a workaround for the beeping issue.

1. In my virtual thermostat, I use a "virtual switch" as heating and cooling target devices. This means the signals which caused the beep every 5 seconds are sent to this black hole switch now.

1d5869c9998056c31682f1cedc76ef0a

2. I created a rule which sends the real commands to the IR extender only when there are acutal changes from the thermostat. I attached a screenshot of my current rule, which only forwards heating temperature. This could be extended for cooling and other parameters I guess.

b5860a0617aeed36223f2d9fc410fd93

photo

from the tests that i've made i figured out that it sends new command every time the temperature changes even 0.1 degrees.. it didnt do that with the previous firmware..

photo

emmanuel, the HEATING_TARGET (COOLING_TARGET respectively) events are only sent if you change the target temperature in the thermostat. At least that's how it is in "official" firmware.

So it only beeps when your active program jumps to the next period with a diffent temperature, or if you manually adjust the temperature-slider.

photo

yes i know that.. but now it sends new commands to the ZXT every time the temperature changes in the ir or the build in thermostat of the zipatile.. i can see it.. i watch zipatile screen an when the build in thermometer sees a change it sends new command to the ZXT.. I have it working for two months now and it didn't have a problem.. now the only way to stop it from sending new commands is to leave blank the thermometer

photo

Hello, here is my programming of the zxt to have an extra regulation.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file