Can I add another user with only alarm control? (only alarm control privilege)

thomasfr shared this question 11 years ago
Answered

Hello

I'd like to allow someone else to connect to my zipabox but only to disarm/arm alarm.

I don't want this user to be able to control my lights, see my sensors...

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Replies (8)

photo

I have similar question: adding a user to be able to only open my garage door via Cellphone App, not being able to do anything else...

photo

Hello, according to your description, I think that you can have a transmitter and receiver only for the zipabos. I did a google reseach and found that this site may be helpful for you when you decide to have them. They seem te have bloggers and videos for the use of the prodicts.

http://www.ourautomation.com

photo

Dear Evens and thomasfr,

Please take a look at the article about how to trigger an event in your Zipato Controller by using the DO function of the IFTTT web service:

https://community.zipato.com/knowledge-base/article/rule-example-ifttt-use-do-to-control-actions-in-zipabox

With it you can enable specific user managing one or a few events without opportunity to see the list of your devices or rules.

Best regards,

photo

Hi, and thanks for the quick response. The problem with the IFTTT DO is that the user is able to add other functions from my Zipabox to the service. What I want to achieve is for example that the cleaning women can only open/close the garage door with her smartphone, but she should never have access to any other functions. So I was wondering if I could setup an account (eg cleaning women) on the box that has only access to the garage door or a virtual switch (or anything else I define)...

photo

The ability to add another user with only alarm control privileges can vary depending on the specific alarm system or service you're using. In many modern alarm systems, you can create multiple user accounts with different access levels, including "alarm control" only. Here's how you might be able to do it: id status check Access User Management: Log in to the alarm system's control panel or mobile app as the administrator or owner. Look for a section related to user management, often found in settings or security preferences.Add a New User: Within the user management section, you should find an option to "Add" or "Invite" a new user. Select this option.Specify Privileges: While adding the new user, you'll typically be prompted to enter their contact information and set their access level. In this step, you can specify that this new user should have "alarm control" privileges without full access to other system features.Define Access Restrictions: Depending on your alarm system, you may also be able to specify access restrictions or limitations for this user. For example, you can set schedules for when they can control the alarm system or limit which zones they can access.Send the Invitation: Once you've configured the user's privileges and restrictions, you can send an invitation to the new user. This usually involves entering their email address or phone number, and they will receive an invitation to create their account with the specified privileges.User Account Creation: The new user will need to accept the invitation, create their account, and download the associated mobile app or access the web interface to control the alarm system.

photo

To ensure a power module's safe and reliable operation, it is important to take certain precautions during installation. First and foremost, it should be located in an area with low moisture levels and protected from extreme temperatures and physical damage. This means avoiding placement in areas like bathrooms or kitchens, which are prone to high humidity levels, and taking measures to shield it from accidental impact or exposure to harsh weather conditions.

Additionally, it is important to follow any local building codes and regulations when installing electrical components. This may include requirements for grounding or insulation and guidelines for proper wiring and placement of electrical outlets. By adhering to these guidelines, you can help ensure the safety and reliability of your power module, as well as comply with local regulations and standards. UPSers Paystub

photo

ChatGPT

To guarantee the safe and dependable operation of a power module, it is crucial to observe specific precautions during its installation. Primarily, the module should be situated in an environment characterized by low moisture levels, shielded from extreme temperatures, and safeguarded against physical damage. This necessitates avoiding placement in areas such as bathrooms or kitchens, which are susceptible to high humidity, and implementing measures to protect it from accidental impact or exposure to severe weather conditions.

Furthermore, strict adherence to local building codes and regulations is imperative when installing electrical components. This may encompass compliance with grounding or insulation requirements and adherence to guidelines dictating proper wiring and the positioning of electrical outlets. By steadfastly following these guidelines, you not only contribute to the safety and reliability of your power module but also ensure compliance with local regulations and standards. Dollar General Careers

photo

Applying for the Chase Ink Business Card is a strategic move for savvy entrepreneurs aiming to leverage rewards for their business expenses. Begin by visiting www.chase.com/getchaseink invitation, where you'll find detailed information about the card's benefits, including cash back, travel rewards, and more.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file