This object is in archive! 

Does Zipato plan to integrate any other music systems besides sonos?

Adrian Van Der Heijden shared this idea 6 years ago
Under Consideration

Has anyone else integrated any other systems into their Zipato system? I would be interested in knowing the results. It would be good if for example, we could have a virtual music deivce, and change the endpoints for our own system (http commands). This way you would have a music receiver displayed as it should with play, pause, volume control, skip and be able to control as you would a Sonos speaker.

Is this possible to introduce Zipato, a virtual Music player?

Replies (13)

photo

Adrian,

This sounds like an interesting proposition...

Who else is interested in a similar feature?

Best regards,

V

photo

Well Vedran. Im long waiting for a virtual music player of possible customizable virtual buttons so I can buld my WEB UI widget with different buttons.

Currently I have Onkyo integrated, but it is 2 devices:

1 is on off based on virtual switch

1 is volume based on virtual level

It would be awesome feature to have a virtual music player...

photo

Hi.

Another one.

Please considered to include B&O systems.

Regards.

Paco.

photo

I dont have a sound system at home. Just one lonely aged iPod in the corner on a BOSE sound dock. But if I could integrate it into my smart home system, I might add one... However, Sonos seems to be quite costly.

photo

This could be achieved maybe using MQTT devices? I know Zipato is planning to add MQTT support, but now sure if other brands of audio equipment support it. I know Sonos and Bose have their own "network" which is based on Wifi.

I'm a big fan of Bose, before I got married I used to have Bose devices at home, I think they are unrivaled in matters of sound clarity (sonos is almost as good), but when I got zipato and saw Sonos as the only audio equipment supported (the first network based sound equipment that I know of) I decided to go for that after they passed my audio standards. Also they have become way cheaper than BOSE (they got a lot more expensive in the last two or three years).

photo

Hi,

My vote is going to Denon/Marantz network receivers. I have Marantz NR1506 but i didn't manage to control him via Zipato.

photo

I just want the ability to add something other than sonos properly. Sorry Vedran but we cant keep waiting for products to be slowly supported. I agree with all above comments, well beside Alberto saying Bose is unrivaled. Maybe for a mid range speaker.

I would also like to see this media player supported via Alexa commands, but I may be pushing it now, just simply set levels for volume and on/off for play/stop.

A customer asked us to support the iEast devices, they have provided the api to us so should be easy. Just want a virtual media player to make it look better on the app.

Thanks Vedran for taking interest in this, how long would it take to implement?

photo

I do think Bose is unrivaled in that price range of speakers (in matter of sound quality), nothing professional. I read on the SONOS community that they are working on a full integration with Amazon alexa and will be released on 2017, and as long as Zipato is a closed platform for integration I guess we have no choice but waiting, unless you want to spend hours researching for API's and make it work through HTTP requests like David P. did with SONOS.

photo

Personaly, what i need is a virtual music player were i can put a streaming web radio URL and the player can play via zipatile bluetooth with the choice of the bluetooth device i want to play.

When i click on the player widget on the dashbord, it open a remote in full screan (like alarm keyboard).

It would be cool to have ability to have some command access via scene.

photo

Samsung Multiroom would be great

photo

yes , samsung multiroom .

photo

i'd love to see the DTS play-fi integrated. Some great speaker companies using this technology now

photo

ohh and did I mention that Play-Fi are integrating into Alexa to give you multiroom music control with voice. Should be available in second half of 2017. Suck on that Sonos.

photo

Hi Adrian. Just spotted the Instagram picture of the zipatile with loaded with a weather channel, front door camera, sonos...can you let me know what you are using? This is definitely not Zipato default screen.

If needed you can send email to info@zipatohome.sk

Thanks.

photo

Music and ringtones are what I'm looking for for my device

photo

Bose SoundTouch plz

photo

seems like I just added my two BOSE SoundTouch speaker via the IP-camera scan setup...2dd902c8f42ee7d1743e23f4197c32ff

photo

??? How do you mean added? You mean they are simple visible via the IP list of items?, if they are unup compliant they should be visible anyway. Or do you mean that you can control them front the Zipato system?

photo

No - no endpoints I am afraid. changed them to Audio Device (and waited - read that u have to wait for endpoints for the Ikea lamps for instance - but i have no endpoints showing up and hence can't control them - hoping for support soon.

Hope Zipato Team are checking this out:

http://products.bose.com/api-developer/index.html

photo

no chance. They have too many other things to do. This is why we need an SDK for companies to help develop their own integrations for us. I've been plying for Play-fi for ages. Maybe try and contact Bose and see if you can talk to someone who would be willing to look at working with Zipato for this to happen. Fingers crossed.

Replies have been locked on this page!