This object is in archive! 

Support for ip cam Foscam FI8904W

Alfredo De Felice shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

I try to connect my Foscam FI8904W into my zipabox.

In dashboard, i setup cam's ip and port, user and password for cam admin, url for video in mjpeg.

Problems are:

1. I can watch live video in dashboard in mjpeg, but it does't work in iOS app 2.4.
  2. Thumbnail doesn't show and i don't know why.
  3. I setup ftp parameters by zipato in my cam, but i don't know if it works.

Please, can i help me?? thanks

Comments (11)

photo

The APP do not support MPEG stream only RTSP

Please check FTP settings on camera and test the connection.

photo

Alfredo quando puoi contattami in Skipe. ciao

photo

Kristian Olofsson wrote:

The APP do not support MPEG stream only RTSP

Please check FTP settings on camera and test the connection.

I try to setup zipato ftp, but doesn't work. If i setup with my server ftp, ipcam uploads images. Probably, i do some error because i don't know how zipato ftp works. Can i help me? Can you describe step by step? Thanks a lot.

photo

Zipato team, in the future can i hope that you add mjpeg support in the ios app?? Most important ip camera are only mjpeg! Thanks for your answer.

photo

It is not problem with zipato, mobile platforms don't support regular MJPEG, otherwise it would work same as on the WEB. Anyway, we will soon come out with some hybrid solution which will allow watching something like MJPEG, in order to make use of the cheap cameras (without rtsp and h.264 support).

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

It is not problem with zipato, mobile platforms don't support regular MJPEG, otherwise it would work same as on the WEB. Anyway, we will soon come out with some hybrid solution which will allow watching something like MJPEG, in order to make use of the cheap cameras (without rtsp and h.264 support).
Sebastian, this is a great news!

photo

mobile platforms don't support mjpeg? There's no valid reason to say that.

No reason for a mobile platform to not support mjpeg.

many apps support mjpg without problems, locally or over 2g/3g (I personally use an old s**t china foscam clone with my mobile phone through tinyCam - an android app - without any problem).

Probably I don't understand what you mean.

Anyway thank's for planned changes on the mobile app.

photo

After few day, ftp works and i see screenshot and thumbnail. About live video to watch on mobile platforms, i attend zipato solution.

photo

I can't make it work for my AXIS 1034 (RTSP/h264) support.

The app don't show the stream. Do i need to forward fort 554?

What else?

photo

Any news on the mpjeg in the iOS app?

photo

The mjpeg stream is working just fine on my IPhone/Ipad. (iOS 7 - Safari)

Support in the app (button MJPEG) would be nice.