Unable to join Fibaro FGS-211 (switch) / FGD-211 (dimmer)

Bambam shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

My Fibaro switch and dimmer where part of another z-wave network so I guess that is why I'm unable to join them to the Zipabox. I tried the reset procedure, but somehow I can't figure out if I'm doing it correctly. I follow the procedure from the fibaro manual:

2. Resetting Double Relay SwitchDouble Relay Switch provides two methods for resetting.

Method I : Reset by removing Double Relay Switch from theexisting Z-Wave network. The device may be removed using thecontroller that has the ability to include/exclude devices from/toZ-Wave network (see the manual of controller).

Method II : Within 5 sec. after connecting mains voltage supplyDouble Relay Switch allows the user to reset settings by singlepressing S1 key and then holding key S2

Comments (1)

photo

Solved my own problem, but am interested in other ways.

After trying multiple times to reset the modules, I found my old Aeon Labs z-stick and it sure makes removing devices a breeze. I used the following procedure from the manual and afterwards paired both modules to the Zipabox. Inclusion was almost instant! Yeah!Z-Stick procedure:

1. To initiate Removal-Mode, unplug the Z-Stick from the USB connector. Then press and hold down the button for approximately 3 seconds.(The LED will transition from blinking slowly to blinking fast.)Note: While in Removal-Mode, the Z-Stick is in perpetual removal/exclusion where it will remove Z-Wave devices from the networks they are currently paired to. There is no need to press the button on the Z-Stick again to exclude each device.
  2. To remove a Z-Wave device from the network,simply go to the device with the Z-Stick and press the button on the device you wish to remove (red. I pressed the B-button on the fibaro 3 times fast). (The LED on the Z-Stick will immediately stay solid for 3 seconds to indicate successful removal from the network.)
  3. The LED will then return to blinking fast,indicating readiness for further device exclusions. Repeat step 2 for each device as you wish to exclude.
  4. Tap the Z-Stick button to turn off.

http://zwave-products.co.uk/online/templatemedia/all_lang/resources/Instructions+-+Aeon+Labs+Z-Stick+Series+2.pdf