Support for RFXCOM 433MHz

Cedric shared this idea 11 years ago
Completed

Especially for the very good sensors from Oregon (temperature and also weather).

Replies (41)

photo

See the list of supported hardware on RFXCOM.com , this would be very useful and seems the way zipato understands the multi-protocol market allready having ZWave, Zigbee, KNX, etc. supported (or planned).

Would be a very good feature to convince customers to go for the Zipato Controller!

photo

Yes !

Oregon Scientific provide the best and cheapest sensors for temperature (and hygrometry and wind speed). Their sensors are reliable and accurate (with steps of 0.1 degrees), quite cheap and the battery life is almost 2 years in real conditions. Far better than the similar zwave devices in the market so far.

photo

I also need the module RFX 433 MHZ for my projects, especially for close ceiling windows shut during rain or when it's windy all, is a big constraint for projects, greetings.

photo

Do you have a plan about it? A date?

photo

if I explain some examples

1. Wind.

Following on from some level-wind motors act on awnings and pick them up.

Notify-open window to close

-If the wind is very high engine operating the blinds to protect the glass of the windows

2.-rain

-When it rains act on the engine as the roof windows like brand velux

-Disable watering if rain has reached such 5l/m2

Tell Open-giving access to the garden to keep out water.

3.-radiation.

-From a radiation level actuate shutters

Dim the crystals with smart film of aeon labs.

king regards.

photo

Fred wrote:

Do you have a plan about it? A date?
Very soon. During the March for sure.

photo

+1, the only one thing is holding me on (shitty) vera3 is a RFXCOM support

photo

One question: with the future support for 433.92 does that medan that the NEXA products will be able to control fram Zipato?

NEXA: http://www.nexa.se/Complete-sets.htm

Swedish: http://www.nexa.se/System-Nexa.htm

Or what other kind of products are we talking about?

Yes weatherstation, think we talking about the same...

If this is it, that very good functionality.

A key selling point for ZipaBox I think ;-)

photo

Im also waiting for the 433mhz module. I would like to renew my home automation and all the sensors that I have are 433mhz compatible...

Waiting for the good news from Zipato!

I would love to get one.

Regards,.

Alfredo.

photo

eager to see this new module and its price

photo

I'm waiting for this module!

And will order one as soon as possible ;-)

It is soon to be ready, so Zipato can you tell us now what kind of devices (manufacturer/products) it supports, what have you tested?r

photo

Is there a launch date for this 433 module . . . ?

thanks

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

March is almost coming to an end, any updates?

photo

Waiting to order one in Holland :)

photo

me too :)

photo

That makes three for Holland.

And today is the 1e of april. I hope it wasn't a joke :)

photo

A quick update would go a long way :-)

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

So it will be available in few days I think... Can you confirm ?

photo

2 weeks ago when I checked with Zipato, there was a delay, but it will be ready in beginning on April, as they say.

Beginning of April is before 15 of April as I see it, so we have to wait a litle longer.

I hope this box works as it should, then it will be a very good and useful add-on to ZipaBox :-)

photo

Zipato team, can we have some news about rfxcom module ? Will it be available for buying in next few days ?

photo

Yes, please tell us something! At what stage are you? Still engineering? Hardware on production? Hardware on its way to stores?

photo

Exactly, the chineese new year has past a long time ago. I wanted this module from the beginning but after some delays nothing yet. If there are still things not going ok, the least thing you can do is inform us about this. Now people are just getting stuck with no information.

photo

The RFXCOM is an existing device guys.. see http://www.rfxcom.com or http://www.wirelesswonen.nl/Webwinkel-Product-15727052/RFXCOM-usb-Transceiver-433.92-Mhz.html (dutch).

There was a hardware unit (extension module) planned as well but this topic refers to the already available unit (although not yet supported as well...)

Just wanted to point that out. An official response would be nice...

photo

We had a lot of problems with our 433 module, but the PCBs are finally in assembly.

The firmware is receiving final updates, the module will be upgradeable to support more protocols (initially it will support COCO/AC, plain X10 and PT2262 based sensors).

Thank you for your patience.

photo

How about the support for the RFXCOM hardware (the existing hardware modules (see my link in previous post above)).

And how to connect it to the box?

photo

Great news!! Keep up the good work.

photo

Tomislav Secen wrote:

We had a lot of problems with our 433 module, but the PCBs are finally in assembly.

The firmware is receiving final updates, the module will be upgradeable to support more protocols (initially it will support COCO/AC, plain X10 and PT2262 based sensors).

Thanks for your answer.

Does that mean it initially supports RFXCOM and Oregon Scientific devices?C.

photo

Cedric wrote:

Tomislav Secen wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

Does that mean it initially supports RFXCOM and Oregon Scientific devices?C.

Unfortunately, it will not support Oregon Scientific device at the beginning. We will add them afterwards...

photo

In an email reply you told me that the RFXcom USB device will be compatible with the security module USB , is it still plan ... and when ?

photo

Just one question about your 433 module: I have 2 awnings working with a 433 remote.

I will be able to control them with your 433 module?

Or I need a RFXCOM device??

thank you

carlo

photo

As a followup question: when do you support the RFXCOM hardware module and how should we connect it?

I have a Vera with the RFXCOM and a Zipabox and the only reason why I have the Vera is the RFXCOM...

photo

is there any updates about 433Mhz module?

photo

Yes there is some news here :

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/reviews/zipato-zipabox-wireless-home-automation-controller-mega-review.html

In this article (from April,29th ), zipato team says that "the 433MHz/X-10 module should be available this week"...

As usual, they announced a date but there is nothing after...

They should stop announcing some date if they don't know when their product will be finished !

photo

Any news?

photo

It seems very quiet the last weeks, still nothing :-(

photo

It was supposed to be out in March for sure :)

I really wonder if they control the beast they sold. Communication on this forum is bad (some from zipato team say something and 3 days after they say something else, etc etc), release to include fix are not so frequent, etc etc.

photo

There will be a few options soon. First we will finally publish our own 433 expansion module very soon (I know it should be already weeks ago, but we really had a lot of production problems). At the beginning, this one will support most popular devices within a range of coco, oregon, lightwave and X10. Module is remotely upgradable as well as the Zipabox, so the support for the devices will be increase through the time.

At the same time, we will publish support for the USB RFXCOM module, which support significant number of devices based on 433Mhz frequency. This one is supported already, and as soon as we add UI design support it will be functional.

photo

Good news Sebastian!

can you tell us when the support will be there for the RFXCOM module?

Also, how are we suppose to connect the RFXCOM USB module (I allready got one...)

THANKS!

photo

Great great great and more great!

Keep up the good work and let the good times come!

photo

Great news Sebastian !

Regarding the USB RFXCOM, is it plugged in to the zipabox thru the USB port of the backup extension ?

photo

Great !

Do you already have the list of compatible Oregon devices?

Replies have been locked on this page!