This object is in archive! 

ios app

Rakesh Thadani shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

although i feel stupid asking; i have not 100% given up.

WHEN will the new app be released ? any new date actually it committed ?

thanks, rakesh

Replies (9)

photo

Thanks,

The point is that the link you provide is a Page that is apparently targetting german speaking community.

Any information on this page that could answer the key question from this thread : "WHEN will the new app be released ? any new date actually it committed ?"

I think it is a good question since the New App was introduced by Zipato team during CES in February 2019, more than 6 months ago.

photo
photo

Yes, new iOS and new Android apps are coming soon as part of new Zipato v3. Everything will be explained in this forum very soon.

photo

edit: find it in App store

photo

Available at Apple store for download

photo

when i download and login i cannot see my stuff.

how do i enable my system ? thanks !!!

photo

You need to migrate to Zipato v3. But first, read everything before! V3 needs to be configured from the beginning. I have seen some negative comments about v3 but I think it depends on people who not have read about v3.

//Karl

photo

means firmware upgrade of the box ?

photo
photo

It means you have to add/register your box/tile under v3

However It is not recommended at this moment.

photo

ok. sorry for the stupid question. how do i do this ? and why is it not recommended ?

photo
photo

Under Devices add by + server - need controller CN to enter. This doesn’t work with zipabox version 1 and you will lose all your rules... v3 is not fully ready, therefore I would suggest to wait before you migrate.

photo

It is OK to use v3 if you build the System from scratch. However, if you want to migrate an existing system to V3 then you have to consider the fact that you have to create virtual devices, rules and scenes again in the new System. That may be a problem if you have them too many. Furthermore, only devices with upgraded device descriptors (Zipato internal database of supported devices) are visible in the new Zipato app, so it will take some time until we upgrade them all. In the web app however, all of them are visible just like an existing web app.

Anyway, APPs are out now and we are upgrading them every day so things will move forward much faster.

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Is there also a new app for the Zipatile 1? Or does the old user interface persist?

Thank you for the reply in advance.

photo
photo

Thanks Sebastian. It explains why I don’t see all devices in new app :)

Stupid question: To see updated devices will happen automatically or we have to upgrade firmware?

photo

it's gonna happen automatically. You will be notified when entering your System about how many Abilities are updated. Abilities are actually specific functionalities of devices, usually presented in the new app though Widgets.

So you will basically see all your devices immediately, but you won't have Widgets for these which are not having updated Descriptors, since they don't have properly configured Abilities.

photo

hi Sebastian I have a question.When migrating to V3 the licenses that have been purchased will automatically pass to V3?

photo

yes I have that question and many others ..

photo
photo

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file