This object is in archive! 

Zipatile registration issues after testing new app

Shawn Fitzpatrick shared this problem 4 years ago
Known

Today I downloaded and tested the new zipato app that was announced in a email about CES. I registered the serial number on the app and played around with it a bit. Didn't really like the interface and chose to delete the app. The old app now prompts me for my serial number each time I log in. The Zipatile also shows "no registered controllers" upon reboot and unless I log out and log back in that condition never clears. I now have many problems with virtual devices and more. I've been unable to restore backup and now I'm totally frustrated. Things were all well before trying this new APP.....

Replies (2)

photo

In my case a server appeared as if it were a new gateway but is always offline. I can't delete it and I can't make it work on either version of apps. I did a zipabox reset and it didn't work and I also did a account and zipabox reset but don't work too. I'm very dissatisfied with Zipato. At first it worked well and fast. Now, just problem. I am thinking of changing the whole system and get out from Zipato.

photo

Alessandro,

I made the mistake of not reading the fine print on the new app. It states that you must first remove your Zipato product from the V2 environment and un-register your controller before adding it to the new V3 environment. I did not do this and thus ended up with my controller trying to be managed by two different back-ends. You will have to have Zipato fix this. Stefan sent me a link and instructions on how to remove the V3 environment. That fixed some things but Stefan had to do some of his magic on their systems to restore it to normal operating. I was feeling the same as you until I discovered it was my fault. Zipato should put a warning screen up on the new V3 app. IMO

Enter a ticket and ask for help.

photo

Shawn, Thanks for your help. I opened a Tickt. It's possible to you send me that procedure to repair this trouble?

Best regards

Alessandro

photo

The links are specific to a person's controller so the info I have wouldn't help you. Sorry...

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file