This object is in archive! 

V3 moving from cluster to multiserver

Christian Röttger shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

Dear Zipato fan,

I have a clustered system with 2 ZB1, 1 ZT1 and more than 100 devices linked to the 3 devices

i have

- Zwave and Zwave+ that are not easily to connect to a new host...

- Zigbee

- IP

- 433MHZ

and a few more i am waiting to connect ...

I have a ZB2 ready for many months waiting for an "upgrade procedure" i am still missing

here are some questions:

1- how do i attach the old systems that are currently managed by a cluster ?

2- will all my attached devices be visible in the new system as they were in the cluster ?

3- will their properties (rooms, settings,...) be kept ?

4- will ALEXA work ?

6- During setup of the new system will the old rules, virtual whatsoever still be working in cluster system ?

7- is there a way to "print" the properties of the elements that i will have to recreate in V3 ? Will i still be able to access in parallel ?

8- how will my licences be affected ?

9- Last but not least ... how robust is V3 ?

you help and documentation would be great

Christian

Replies (5)

photo

no advise, no help ... maybe i shoudl wait a few more months ?

photo

1. You register in Step 1 your new ZB2 under my3.zipato.com

2. You add your 2 ZB1 and your Zipatile as Slave

3. No only Devices, all rooms, rules nd virtuall device will deleted

4. In your setup no, we wait on the new Alexa V3 Skill

6. no

7. Yes, you have still access to V2

8. You need a new pro licence for your ZB2, thats it

9. I have no issues

photo

@AP

On point 7, does it mean you also have the complete old (new slave) system with rules and everything in v2?

I have Zipabox 1 with all devices, rules, scenes and so on. I have purchased a Zipabox 2 that is running inn parallel right now. The only device so far in ZB2 is a Danalock v3 that isn't possible to include and use in ZB1 due to the security v2 protocol. What is your recommendation when including ZB1 as a slave in a multiserver solution with ZB2 as master? If everything is accessible in ZB1 in v2 it will be easier to do copy and paste with both systems on the screen at the same time!?

photo

After Migration to V3, V2 stopped working. but you can use it to copy the rules step by step.

photo

thanks a lot

so i will wait for Alexa V3

photo

The pro licence was fro my full cluster - so it should be moveable to my new V3 NO ?

photo

Hi Christian,

your PRO license will be moved to your new V3 system including Multiserver license (ex cluster license).

Multiserver includes up to 5 servers - 1 Master and up to 4 Slave servers.

photo

Thanks - what firmware should i run before moving ?

photo

Required firmware for v3 is min 1.3.92 but we recommend to update to the latest beta which is 1.3.98 at the moment.

photo

1.3.93 is only available to me

photo

to summarise:

1.3.61 is the latest firmware where ZWAVE will function properly on ZB1

1.3.92 is requested to move to V3 under multiserver environment

if i had emigrated as recommended i woudl have had a system where my 100+ zwave devices on my 3 slaves would not have worked properly any longer ...

Alexa is not working under V3 for virtuals etc

I highly recommend to wait till V3 is out of beta (is it still in beta ?)

What is your view ?

photo

Yes it's still in beta but I would say it's on a very good way.

photo

@AP, I'm trying to get my ZB1 as a slave in my ZB2 (master) v3 system but I honestly don't know how I should do. I don't want to mess upp things. I have understood I need to redo all my rules from ZB1 v2 in v3 and the sensors included in ZB1 will be available for my rules in v3

photo
photo

Thank you @AP!

photo

Will we get a go ahead - when Zwave will be fully supported on slaves ZB1 and ZT1 ... ?

photo

do we have any update ?

photo

IS Zwave now supported on slaves ZB1 and ZT1 for V3... ?

photo

It should be supported in the next beta version.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file