This object is in archive! 

Switches turn on & off after electricity shut off

MDSolutions Support shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

Dear Support,

We have the below Zipabox installed and powered by a UPS, along with Internet Router.

However, since we have a lot of power outage in the country, after every outage, we have some switches that turn off or on (changing state) without any action from the physical switch or the app.

This is happening a lot lately again, for some time, things were ok, but then, lately it started occurring again.

ZIPABOX: S/N: 0122F41A0E01812F

Attached is the list of devices that are mainly causing problems after power outage.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi

we just checked your controller and there are some rules which are activated by changing switches states. Please re-check those rules and correct them if necesayry

Regards

Dino

photo

Could you please give me an example of how a rule should be done for a two way light control, meaning controlled from two separate modules, one which is connected to light and another only to switch.

photo
photo

same issue :(

photo

Hello,

there are some devices that have a default state after power goes to 0, there are z-wave parameters you can send to the device (check its manual) which defines in which state the device should be after it gets powered on (gets its electricity).

It is also possible that some rules make your issues. Disable all your rules, sync them and check if the issue occurs again.

photo

Hi Mario,

can you check my comment on Dino's post?

I have confirmed that the last state is chosen.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file