This object is in archive! 

How to connect Zipatile 2 with PoE

SoTof shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Zipatile2 can be power connected with PoE from product description.

Can you confirm the RJ45/Ethernet port on the back of the Zipatile2 device support PoE please ?

Thanks

Replies (5)

photo

Whoops! This not an "Idea" but rather a "Question"

PS: I could not find where to change the topic category

photo

Hi

it is required to order ZipaTile2 with PoE option. In that case Zipatile2 will support PoE via Ethernet port.

photo

Thanks! What do you mean by ordering a ZipaTile2 with PoE option ? .. Are you referring to this : https://www.zipato.com/product/micro-usb-to-ethernet-adapter

If the answer of the above question is positive, this means ZipaTile2 does not directly support PoE on his embedded Ethernet port (on the back of the ZipaTile2 device) and an additional Ethernet to USB Zipato converter is required to enable PoE.

PS: I'm not trying to be picky here but just to get clarification and good understanding, appreciate your help!

photo

Hi

ordering a ZipaTile2 with PoE option means to include PoE modul inside ZiPTile2, not to order external USB to Ethernet converter - by the way this converter is not PoE enabled.

In other words, you have to ask an offer for ZipaTile2 with PoE option (like there are other options - HVAC, other protocols etc.)

photo

Thank you very much for your clarifications! .. Did not know this PoE option could be included ordering a Zipatile2.

One last thing for my understanding, I assume the converter referred above is for Zipatile1 only then, not for Zipatile2, correct ?

photo

Hi

you are right - external converter is referred to ZipaTile1 since it doesn't have an ethernet port.

photo

Cristal clear now, appreciate your help here !

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file