This object is in archive! 

Moving from ZB1 to ZB2

Michael M. shared this question 3 years ago
Need Answer

I can see that many ZB1 users have similar questions as myself. However, some answers are missing or not very clear to me:

I have ZB1 with over 100 devices. It runs stable more or less and I am happy with this system. However, I do not like the app. I therefore use Imperihome instead.

As support for ZB1 will vanish I bought a ZB2. I plan to register the ZB2 on V3. As I understand I can use the ZB1 as slave. That sounds good. Probably I must buy some licenses (I do not mind).

(Q1) One of the main questions is how to transfer my ZB1 registration to V3 (as slave) without loosing all my rules. To lose rooms and other thing is acceptable.

If this is done, how will my old devices appear on the UI. I think I will transfere the devices gradually piece by piece to ZB2.

(Q2) If the transfer of ZB1 as slave to ZB2 (V3) is not without problems I am thinking of running ZB1 and ZB2 in parallel to gain experience in V3. Is that possible?

(Q3) Finally: What is the best way to go from ZB1 to ZB2? V2 or V3? What are the experiences?

So far, I am happy with the Zipato system, except customer information and support. I do not mind paying for this (support, licenses, tutorials etc.). My devices have been much more expensive than the Zipato controllers.

Replies (2)

photo

I see that Dino answered my Question 1 26 days ago:

• 1. Unregister (Clear owner option) your controller in v2 platform
  • 2. Create v3 account at https://my3.zipato.com/zipato-web/app2login - it is possible to use the same account from v2
  • 3. Under my3.zipato account create System
  • 4. Add server (controller) ZB2 as a Master server
  • 5. Add ZB1 server to the system as Slave server (Multisever license is required)
  • 6. All real devices from v2 will be presented in the System
  • 7. All virtual devices, Scenes, and rules should be re-check by user and re-created if necessary (it is not supported transfer virtual elements from v2 to v3)

If I am not happy with the result (to many missing rules), can I undo this and return to V"?

As my rules are not kept for sure I probably prefer to run ZB1 and ZB2 in parallel. Is that possible?

photo

If I am not happy with the result (to many missing rules), can I undo this and return to V"?

Yes - When you open a ticket

As my rules are not kept for sure I probably prefer to run ZB1 and ZB2 in parallel. Is that possible?

No

PS: Please do not reset your Zipabox, in this case all your devices will be deleted.

PPS: If you have many many rules, you can stay with V2 to have the possibility to write off. But your rules won't work anymore.

photo

Thanks for the quick response.

About V2:

How can I run both ZB2 and ZB1 under V2? ZB2 as master and ZB1 as slave?

Why can I not run both in parallel, if I register the ZB2 with a different user?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file