Zipamini

Petri Järvenpää shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi, since there is very little info about this Zipamini box available, I would like to ask the community to explain to me how it differs from the regular Zipabox?

As you can probably see I´m new here and I´m actually considering buying into the Zipato platform. Two things stand in my way at the moment:

1) What is the Zipamini exactly and how its "worse" than the regular, more expensive hub? Ref. http://www.vesternet.com/zipamini

2) Is IFTTT support planned, this is pretty much a requirement to get my Netatmo etc. devices integrating nicely

Bonus question) If I want to do simple surveillance scenario (A Foscam IP camera with motion detection, z-wave open/close sensor on door) do I need to purchase a somekind of separate Surveillance "snap-in" addon? Or can I expect my Foscam, open/close sensor and Zipamini communicate and I will be able to record/stream/get alerts?

Cheers!

Replies (3)

photo

Nothing? :(

photo

Hello,

camera motion detection is not supported as far as I know. The Zipamini is so new, that there are no experiences. IFTTT should come. With the box you can make very sophisticated scenarios and alarm systems as long as you use supported devices.

Cheers

(In the moment is CEBIT in Hannover, so I think a lot of the team members are at the CEBIT.)

photo

Correction: If your camera supports http request, then everything is possible.

photo

I am also getting the same issue mentioned above.

photo

Thanks for sharing such great information, the post you published have some great information which is quite beneficial for me.

Express HR Login

photo

After reading your question again and again, if you are still facing problems in doing it then it means that you need aOperations Management Assignment Help which can help you in understanding your question by analyzing it in all the perspectives and then by doing research on the question given in the assignment. The research work will help you in doing research about the question, collecting sources for preparing your answers as well as it will also help you in assembling all your answers at a single and later in presenting them in an appealing way, so that it can impress the person to whom it is being submitted.

photo

People think that they do not require Assignment HelpSingaporefor their assignments but they don’t understand the value of this because any online assignment help site can help you in the perfect way because they have the expertise in their domain and they know that how to handle an assignment or what is the required way to do an assignment so that you can get quality grades or the grades that you want to achieve with the help of this.

photo

I am very enjoyed this blog. It's an informative topic. It helps me very much to solve some problems. gorilla tag

photo

Hello Petri,

you can only Join Z-Wave devices to Zipamini while the Zipabox with its modular approach allows you to Join a wide range of other devices as well, for instance 433, Zigbee, KNX... You can also connect Security module for use with wired sensors. Power module for measuring power consumption, Backup module which is used as a backup in case of lose of power or internet connection... So you have much more options with Zipabox then with a Zipamini, so it all depends on how much functionality do you need and based on this you can determine what suits your needs best.

Foscam, Door/window sensor and Zipamini are enough and make sure you have the new fimware installed.

Best regards,

Hrvoje

Replies have been locked on this page!