This object is in archive! 

I am planning to buy Zipatile 2 - is it ready and working well or not yet :)

Tomas shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I was the first client who bought and tested new Zipatile 2, but start was unsuccessful - it was working bad, so I and my client returned them to the Zipato.

Now I am thinking to change my current Zipatile 1 to Zipatile 2, but I am afraid the existing problems. Who could tell me what changes were made with Zipatile 2, what are current problems?

Thank you for your advices.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello,

photo

Hi Ivan,

Could you please tell the real situation now with Zipatile 2. Does it work well now, what was updated/upgraded from the start until now with current Zipatile2 version?

I look forward to your reply.

photo

Zipatile2 has been through several revisions since the first batch, both with hardware and software, and is currently our flagship controller and thus more advanced that the Zipatile1. Can you tell me which issues you had with Zipatile2 before, because its been a while since we released the first version and a lot of issues have been resolved through firmware and app updates.

Regards

photo

Ivan, thanks for your reply. If I good understood you, all previous problems were fixed with firmware and app updates, right? Now I am still using Zipatile1, could you tell me what are main differences with Zipatile2, why I should choose Zipatile2 now?

Also, is possible to do a migration now all rules, settings from Zipatile1 to Zipatile2? Or should I setup all devices and rules again?

photo

@Tomas

I can't go into specifics when it comes to hardware but internal sensors have been improved , internal camera doesn't have issues as the Zipatile1 and housing is more sturdy overall. On the software side, its running newer Android and the new version of the frontend app which is getting constants updates and features added. Zipatile1 wasn't originally designed for the v3 platform so some problems could occur if it was running on it.

photo

I completely agree with Robert. I bought "Zipatile-2" six months ago and can not integrate it into my home automation because it does not work with the MQTT protocol (before buying it, I was told that MQTT works). I opened a ticket in the support service for this issue and received a response that the problem will be fixed within a few days, more than 5 months have passed and no one has responded to my ticket for 4 months! I do not know what to do with "Zipatile-2", I think that I spent money in vain!

But the hope that Zipato will fix the situation remains)

photo

@Robert

I have almost finished switching my home automation to "home-assistant" and am very happy with it. "HA" is developing at a furious pace, new integrations with different devices and services are regularly added (....even my BMW is already connected), a lot of connection protocols, it is difficult to find a device that cannot be integrated into "HA", an excellent mobile application, a lot of integration instructions, constant descriptions of new releases, development plans, etc., this is what"Zipato" lacks. It would be nice if Zipato created an integration with HA, I think it would be useful for sales of Zipato controllers.

photo

@Robert - but in the market does not exist anything better solution as Zipatile. ZIpatile has the friendly interface and looks great in the same one device. If you know something better as Zipatile ZWave, please let me know :)

photo

@Robert

It is a pity that this topic will be removed from this forum and everything will remain as before, and perhaps you and I will also be removed ; -)

P.S. I live in Belarus and I know what a lack of democracy is!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file