This object is in archive! 

Strange delay in app

John van der Voort shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I encounter a strange behavior in the feedback of switch- and slider status in the android app.

When i opperate a slider to e.g. 100%, the associated lamp will go immediately to 100%, but... within a second, the slider walks back to 0%, and after 20 to 60 seconds the slider walks to 100%. And sometimes it doesn't go to the right value at all.

A switch does the same thing; by tapping it, the lamp turns on, but the switch-button turns gray for about 20 to 60 seconds and then eventually turns to on/orange.

(Operating these sliders/switches in the webinterface gives no problems at all. The respons is just perfect.)

Connecting remote or locally doesn't make a difference.

Where is this delay in response coming from? What can i do about it?

Replies (10)

photo

Hello,

same behaveiour in the IOS App.

Andreas

photo

I am having the same problem on website (switches switching on and off instead of just on or off) and in old and new iOS app (delay and strange movement to on and off positions).

photo

Thanks for the reply's.

To Milan: I am pretty sure that the problem is in the communication between the app and the server. Sometimes the app shows the message 'the device can not communicate with the server or zipabox'. It looks like the app is not receiving the feedback (downstream) from te server right. The upstream is ok because the devices react within a second. Also in the live-view on the webinterface i see no delay at all. It is just in the app.

To Jacob: exactly, your movies (in particular the first one) are showing the problem.

photo

Same random issue for me since many months.

photo

More over the box seems often very slow to react on z-wave and ip modules.

photo

Hi Laurent,

In which direction do they react slow? I have serveral devices: zwave (fibaro and aeon), coco and virtual switches. They react all fine to a command, only the status-feedback is heavily delayed in the app. In fact the old web-gui responds best.

What i was thinking: could the amount of devices be a part in this problem? The more devices, the more delay? I hope not......

photo

At least every 2 days, reaction from zwave keyfob or zwave motion sensor or X10 RF buttons, etc ... take a long time to be execute. In the same time it become impossible to sync rules or sync modules from the GUI "synchronisation failed".

Even after trying to soft reboot from GUI it nearly never solve the issue.

Most of the time I have to hard reboot (complete power off the box included unplug the battery). Replug everything. Wait it has finished to boot then run a synchronisation.

And then about half of the time everything works back normaly.

The other half of the time, I have to do another hard reboot and try to sync again.

I have to hard reboot every 2 or 3 days !

photo

When the box is reacting slowly to any action, it is the moment I also get very slow responses on the iOS App (beta one) and the GUI.

I have about 32 modules declared and about 20 rules.

photo
photo

This morning i was testing it again and now the respons is way better than yesterday.... Now i have a maximum of 5 sec. delay in the feedback. That's acceptable for me....

photo

I think this is still a problem/bug. Currently have this on one of our

customers boxes. Everything you do is immediantly done at the

controller, but you don't get a response to the server quickly.

Sometimes it takes several minutes.

- removed backup battery

- restart doen't work

- firmware update doen't work

photo

Here also ... No Connection

Leave a Comment

Attach a file