This object is in archive! 

Sunrise and -set rules

Pekka Rintanen shared this idea 2 years ago
Under Consideration

Virtual weather stations do not work until Zipabox update. The weather stations was using the Yahoo weather API which is now closed.

I found a replacement solution. I made Apilio Logicblock which triggers action half hour after sunset. It is possible to combine conditions in a smart way using AND and OR operators. Logicblock triggers applet on IFTTT. When IFTTT receives an event from Apilio, then it makes a web request to URL of Zipabox Virtual meter and sets the variable 'VALUE1' to 1. The URL can be find in the settings of the Virtual meter in the device browser. The method of the Webhooks request is POST and content type application/json.

Replies (5)

photo

WORK STEPS
- Set the location of your home location in the Apilio settings so that it is used to calculate sunrise and sunset. 
- Create a new condition of type "time event", for example at sunset. As an option, it is possible to set an offset if you want the event to run before or after sunset. Time event will trigger connected Logicblock when it happen. 
- Make new Logicblock. Select all conditions that shall be checked when this Logicblock runs. Add IFTTT action for positive result. 
- Add new device "Virtual meter" to Zipabox. The URL can be find in the settings of the attribute “VALUE1” in the device browser. 
- Create a new applet in IFTTT. Choose Apilio as a “If This” service, select trigger “Receive an event from Apilio”. This trigger fires every time IFTTT receives a specific event from Apilio. “Then That” service is Webhooks web request. Copy the URL of “VALUE1” to Webhooks and add to end 1 as value. The method is POST and content type application/json. 
- Make a new rule to Zipabox. Add operation “=” to “When” block and METER -condition block to it. Copy virtual meter to condition and choose “VALUE1” variable and value 1. Add desired actions to the rule, for example, turning on the lights. Add SET -block as last action and set VALUE1 to 0. All actions are performed WHEN a condition is true. 
- That’s it!

photo

That's not it...

This required external subscription (IFTTT) and so many actions to perform a simple things in the zipato environment that should be cover on a single click.

Resolve this issue ! 2 months pending that is far to be resonable.

photo

Three IFTTT applets are free and so is Apilio if there is only one logicblock.

I suggested Zipato to add a new feature "Virtual sun", ie sunrise and sunset times separately from virtual weather.

photo

Not free... ifttt premium (to have more than 2 applets / user....) is not free of charge.

Your suggestion is great... this should take only a few days to implement... Hope they will listen and understand that this device is only used to make thing easier... and automation is the key.

photo

I have IFTTT Standard and two applets (sunrise and sunset) and still one applet available.

I have trial version of Apilio but I must subscribe it ($11.40/year) because I have two logicblocks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file