2 Step Verification for the Web UI

Rob Koetsier shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi,

I'm not sure if i'm the only one here, but I would love to see a 2 step verification (for example Google authenticator) for the Web UI.

I love the idea that I can manage my camera, locks, and lights from anywhere in the world. But I always want to be sure it's me login in ;)

Replies (11)

photo

For a company that markets them self with security and alarm functions, in a time when password authentication is being phased out, one could at least hope for optional two factor authentication. SSL won't help against stolen credentials, that's simply naive thinking.

Hanspeter summarised it very well.

photo

interesting point as this is a purely cloud based system, i too would like to see this.

photo

For a product like this you would expect it comes with 2 step authentication (Google Authenticator for example) enabled by default. So +1

photo

+1. An absolute must.

photo

i have been chasing this like 2 years.... but it looks like Zipato is still in Kindergarten

photo

+1. it would be definitely needed ... authentication based just on a password is took weak :-(

photo

This should be top priority. Especially in home automation

photo

thanks for sharing this.

photo

The fact that there's no two-factor authentication is absolutely unacceptable. It is a critical security hole. This needs to happen urgently.

photo

2FA is a must!

photo

The most common type of Two-Factor Authentication Platform is push-based, which means that users receive a push notification on their mobile devices each time they log in. This is a much more secure and flexible approach than SMS or voice-based methods because it only uses the device’s data network to send notifications, making it less likely to be intercepted by hackers.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file