This object is in archive! 

Virtual Weather Station - temp. refresh time ???

Interested shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

how often is temp. updated in VWS ???

Can I change the interval ???

Replies (6)

photo

System is being updated location by location. It can't be modified by customer, but it is around 20 minutes currently.

photo

I ask this because I made two simple rules for House ventilation

rule

Now I get the message every 115min , although the situation (state) is the same ????

state

even if the delete message from the rule, I see that the state controls every 115min.

photo

Obviously, the synchronized mode does not work every 20min, since it is now time 8:35

the temperature was last synchronized with the time 5:55

photo

now after 80min (9:17h), weather station is refreshed

Zipato Team, please check the refresh settings.

photo

we will check it out the maximal interval. However, there is no fixed interval, it depends of number of cities which we are updating in some regular order...

photo

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it! The options at hand though are not mind blowing for an easy task like accurate temperature:

1. Set up a separate unit to run a script. It's beyond my comfort zone as a medium skilled user.

2. Accept random update intervals, up to 2h delay, in the weather station.

3. Buy a temperature sensor and put outside the house.

I'll reluctantly go forward with option 3.

Zipato, please develop a good solution to the problem. Basic and updated input data like temp, local time incl. DST, etc etc should be easily available to all users to make the system comprehendable for people with tech interest but no hacking background.

Best Regards,

Peter

Leave a Comment

Attach a file