This object is in archive! 

Question to Horstmann HRT4 users ... how do you use it ?

Christophe shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hello,

I'm a Horstmann HRT4 user.

I use it with a climate device. If I set 20.3° on the climat widget, I expect to have the same value sent to the HRT4 ... It works fine a few months ago, but not anymore since few weeks ...

I opened a ticket to the support team, and they answered that they decided to round the set_point value ... that means, if I set 20.3°C on the climate device, the Zipabox will send 20°C to the HRT4. It's totally uncredible for me. The Zipato team decides to limit the usage of the HRT4.

And you, HRT4 users, how do you use the HRT4 ? What do you mean ?

Thank you

Replies (5)

photo

Thank you

photo

Nobody is using the Horstmann HRT4 (or SECURE SRT321) device ???

photo

I have recently also trouble with the use of the HRT4 within the virtual climate device. Up to now, I defined the HRT4 as input and output device. It is my view, an input because it can be considered as a secondary controller.

Indeed, moving the wheel change the SETPOINT_HEATING value which has to be used in the climate device as a new target value (the Preset value is set to "Custom" and the mode to "Hold Period"). That is the reason why it is an input for the climate device.

It is also an output because the current target of the climate has to be reported on the screen of the HRT4.

It worked and suddently the climate device became crazy going always on CUSTOM even if I didn't move the wheel. I opened a ticket and the zipato team said that I have to choose between input or output for the HRT4. I complained and the ticket is still open.

With your question, I have a better understanding of this strange behavior and I guess that now, the SETPOINT_HEATING and the TARGET never match due to the rounding and the climate identifies the rounded value as a new manual instruction done by the user with the HRT4.

I will contact the zipato team to ask them to check if putting back the first digit solves my problem.

I take the opportunity of this message to ask the community how they set-up the HRT4. Do you use it as input, output or both?

photo

I had real trouble with my Horstmann devices after replacing my faulty Zipabox - adding and removing it repeatedly and it would detect slightly differently each time with different results. Then I had it working but it'd only report the temperature back to the controller once in a blue moon. Re-adding again and again and it now reports at least every 10 mins. Not sure how I did it but it's working now, as an input and output.

I think it all started going wrong when Zipato started charging for features that used to be free.

Here's a few screenshots of my setup.

The rounding to an integer for the temperature doesn't bother me

photo

Still no luck here.

Anyone has a good configuration for the HRT4?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file