This object is in archive! 

Support for Livolo switches

Darkwing shared this idea 9 years ago
In Progress

Hi,

I would appreciate it if Zipato would support the Livolo switch range, as they look cool and work excellent. In my opinion they look much better than the lightwaverf switches, which are supported.

Replies (33)

photo

Hello Darkwing,

we are working on that, Livolo switches were ordered and they will be supported.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Hrvoje

photo

Ah, great! can't wait..... :-)

Thnaks!!

photo

Hi,

any indication on how much longer this will take?

Thanks

photo

Hi. I have tried at

home, and unfortunately not Livolo, not other switches are compatible yet (like

on http://www.koti.sk).

The main issue is that

regardless on which manufacturer keychain or remote I chose, when pressing the

button on the remote controller, Zipato does not recognise. I have some cheap,

chinese smart home gateway, that is able to read the RF signal in an easy way.

Simply puts the device in learning mode and then all you need to do is to send

out a signal from the remote controller. This signal is then picked up by the

cheap chinese gateway and from there on it can control LIVOLO switches...

Hopefuly one day...

photo

I have a 433mhz livolo switch too. Shame there is no learning mode :/

photo

To answer your question, NO, Livolo switches are not supported. Save yourself some money and buy the Rfxtrx433 and a different z-wave controller that supports it.

photo

Great. Having invested several hundreds of euros into a Zipabox and addon modules, your solution is to throw it all out and start over with another controller?

photo

Not really. My solution was in reply to Pedro Santos, as it seems he has not bought the box yet. So for him the best thing to do is get the Rfxtrx433, another controller, and get the switches working.

I am in the same boat as you are, I spend several hundred euros, but most of my devices are not supported as most of them are 433MHz. So I am also contemplating to dump my Zipabox and get the Rfxtrx433 and another controller. It is either that or grow grey hair........ :-)

photo

I really bought zipabox and 433Mhz module before oppening this question... and sold both at ebay. It's a shame, I really liked the interface zipato but 433Mhz low compatilibity is really disappoint.

regards

photo
photo

yes, I asked that question 4 months ago, and since then it is dead. So that's why I said I'll either dump my box, or grow grey hair :-P

photo
photo

I was just about to buy the zipato to control my livolo switches. Hope they will be supportet soon or else I find another controller.

photo

Any new pout the support of livolo switch and zipato ? Use anypote?

photo

bcb87f3710e1da7b621802215fc955c8

photo

Thanks

photo
photo

Any chance we see these supported before Christmas? An answer before the end of November would be appreciated, so I know whether to add the Vera edge + Rtxrfx433 to my wish list or not. :-)

Or support the Rfxtrx433 on Zipato, both would mean I can finally control my switches......

But I need to know before Christmas.

Thanks

photo

Livolo switches and dimmer are supported now and everybody will be able to use them with zipabox when new beta is released (later than .8k)

photo

Great. Thanks a lot!!!

photo

And the RMT-03 Remote also? Great, can we program this through the rules like the current fob remote?

photo

I am still testing the remote. It doesn't work the way I would like to....

photo

Btw, if you referring to the fact that not every time when you send a command the switch is reacting it is normal, unfortunately the Livolo uses ask modulation and this is not 100% reliable. I have experience with this.

photo

Yes, that is actually bothering me. It doesn't work every time. If I wrote the device descriptor correctly (I have to check this) and you have this RMT 03 you can see for yourself with new fw release. All their devices look nice, but the protocol is... hm... at least strange

photo
photo

FYI. Buttons 1 to 3 are for separate lights (only switching without knowing on/Off state) and button 4 is for all lights off. Not sure if you know this.

photo

Thanks

photo

when will firmware later than .8K be released?

photo

It has already been released.

photo

ow..... thanks! :-)

photo

and there is a release after that .8M. That worked better for me. .8K messed up my alarm and RDIF fuctionallity

photo

:-(

I managed to add 2 switches, but it doesn't work. They show up in device manager, but don't react to input.

I noticed that they are called C701DR & C701SR for dimmer and switch in the device list. The switches I have are C301SR..........

Not sure what the difference is between the C301 & C701 as they look the same...... but most likely don't work the same? Gutted........ :(

photo

I will check this during the day. I hope both fw are released. You see, you need new box fw and new 433 module fw for this to work.

photo

ow, didn't know about needing new 433 module FW...... hope it works..

photo
photo

If its a 433 device, trying loading "Previus" firmware, thats whats its called in the webinterface. Its the 996. That one works best so far

photo

+1. Thanks Naarz.

photo
photo

Yes, unfortunately new 433 module fw was not built in latest zipabox fw beta release.

That means you will have to wait for the next beta release

photo

Hi,

can you confirm whether it was built into fw .8o, as in theory that would be the next beta release :-)

Thanks

photo

Yes, now it should be built in and should work, although I didn't have time to test it with released firmware.

photo

jay!!! Just tested and worked perfect! Thank you very much...........

5bf72e91cbae0374c8d7c88d874bfce0

photo

Hmmm.......did some more testing, and wonder if the switch is configured properly, or it is just the way they work.

I added 2 switches and both show in the device browser. Both show an on and off button........but they seem to work the same? I made a rule that when my porch door opens, the hall switch goes to ON. So when i opened my porch door, indeed the light switched on.

However, when I then closed the porch door and opened it again, the light switched off.......?? So looks to me it is just a toggle, and not really separate on and off?

Thanks

photo

If I recall, the thing is that Livolo as a protocol doesn't differentiate on and off. It is the same command. At least to my knowledge and that is how I implemented it. So it just toggles,

photo

Looks like you are correct. It's not a major issue, and I already found a workaroud for the porch/hall combo. Though I think it will be much harder to find a solution using motion sensors? As when I use one to switch on the livolo, would it send the on command again if it detects motion again.......so basically switching off the light again :-)

My idea is to have the kitchen light come on when motion is detected, and then switch off with no motion in 4 minutes.............I am not sure if the motion detector would toggle again if it detects motion, or just do nothing and when it no longer detects motion then sends the toggle command?

So for example:

I enter kitchen, motion sensor detects motion and toggle command is sent, light comes ON. Whilst I am in the kitchen, I move about and so it detects motion, would it then send the toggle again, or is the next command send when no motion is detected?

Thanks.

photo

I am not sure either. It depends on the type of motion sensor It is something that you will simply have to test for yourself.

photo

Exactly, you have to try. If you use in your rule Join, it should ignore the other detections.

Unfortunately Livolo is shite for wireless technology and it only toggles, however I give you the best advise to use so your success with switching the light on will be more accurate (unfortunately as the switch is using a communication technology ASK, it might happen that it does not decode the signal and simply does not toggle).

So the rule to success is: on the remote you have 4 buttons, 1st 3 buttons are for toggle of a certain light (gang) and the 4th button is all 3 lights (gangs) off. So if you put in your rule as an action:

1st all light off button

2nd toggle button of the desired light (gang)

Try it like that and let me know.

To be honest, there are tons of touch switches with various wireless technology, I would say one of the best is chinese brand koti. their switches (the UK versions) are bidirectional and using FSK modulation so always reporting state back. But guess noone heard of them. On top of this fact also the switches are the most beatiful I have ever seen. I have some of them at home and truly a masterpiece from design point of view.

photo

I searched for Koti, and some look exactly like Livolo. Though I foresee a few issues.......

Can't find any on ebay

Can't find any on amazon

So would have to order from alieexpress......

A bigger issue is though, Koti is not supported on zipabox.......

I will test with motion sensor, and maybe later this year swap them out for zwave switches........

photo
photo

Yes I know. I purchased also on aliexpress and did not know anything about smarthome systems. Anyway to be honest the best you can do is test these. If you are not satisfied, let me know. I sell warious touch switches on my webshop and have connections so maybe able to offer you a really good solution. One example is touch switches and dimmers based on wifi. They work 100% but I had no time to test them how to integrate into zipato. They got their own app for controlling. Other alternative is a mechanical switch with glass frame, looks nearly like touch switch and you can integrate it with like qubino dimmer.

photo

Zwave lights/dimmer/shutter/blinds touch switches fully compitable with Zipabox also have version zigbee protocolwithout NATURAL wire works with Zipato Zigbee extender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DoDZGrTPis&feature=youtu.be

Leave a Comment

Attach a file