This object is in archive! 

How many rules do you have - and does it work OK?

Marius shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

I currently have 26 rules and I think that it takes ages to sync a new rule to the controller. If I understand this right, all the existing rules are built again when I add a new one. I wonder what takes so long, is it building the rules (on server) or getting the connection to the controller...

How many rules do you have?

Do you notice more lag/delay of execution with more rules?

Replies (5)

photo

Hey,

I have some 50 rules, no delay

photo

I have 20 rules and I don't notice any big delay when synchronising. I only notice that very large rules (2-3 screens long) take a long time to display in the rule creator.

photo

2 - 3 screens long?? Do you have a very small monitor? :-P

photo

:-)

photo
photo

The last three times that I have made a new rule, I have not been able to sync it before restarting the Zipabox by pulling the plug.

Earlier I would get push messages in an instant, now it can take up to 30 seconds before they arrive. If I trigger a push manually in the webbrowser (Pushover) I receive it in an instant. It seems like the delay is in the Zipato environment...

photo

I got over 120 rules and 120 devices (virtual en fysiek). Sync takes about 3 min. if it works.

photo

I currently have 28 rules, I plan to go much higher (and it is due to the fact that I need to create rules to debug other rules (!). I have strange behaviors sometimes. it looks like if the synchronization does not work and does not take into account some changes i do in rules.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file