This object is in archive! 

Aeon Labs Minimote

Vernon Miller shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Has anyone successfully used the Aeon Labs Minimote? I am trying to get it to work, but not having much luck and Zipato's tech support simply said it is not on the official supported hardware list.

It is recognized when I try to add it, but none of the events seem to fire in the rules. I contacted Aeon support and they said I needed to set a parameter on the remote to put it into scene mode, but when I try to set a parameter in the device configuration in Zipato, it says to wake-up device and never sends the command to the remote.

Replies (4)

photo

I would also realy like the Minimote to be added like a scene or device controller.

For example a sunscreen that can be controlled with the push of a button of a set of lighting scene that can be toggled with another button.

photo

you can do this with the zipato 4 button remote. In fact there are 2 groups of buttons on the remote, for a total of 8 buttons. THen each button has 3 different settings (press, double press, long press). This gives you a total of 24 different combinations.

Personally I would like the minimote for a backup controller, a secondary sis controller as it can be used with other major brands controller. This should be possible as the zipabox is z-wave plus compliant, just needs to be implemented

photo

Good to know it can be done with the Zipato remote, but I already own a Minimote and recently upgraded to the Zipato platform and since Vera and Fibaro seem to be able to use a Minimote as a secondary controller Zipato must be able to get this to function as well.

photo

Vernon Miller... I'm having the same issue. Were you able to solve it? Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file