This object is in archive! 

Aeotec Home Energy Meter VS Zipato Micromodule Energy Meter

Alberto Macias shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Im looking to buy an Energy Meter for my house to be compatible with Zipabox/Zipatile. My main circuit is VAC 220 (two VAC 110 phases).

Does anyone have experience with any of these on Zipato System?

Replies (2)

photo

I'm sure both is compatible. If I know correctly, the zipato energy meter only comes with 1 clamp in the package, so to measure 2 phases, you would need to purchase a second clamp. This might make it more expensive than the aeon labs. Pls check it with the reseller. If Im wrong, then chose the zipato one.

photo

According to Zipato web page it comes with two clamps, will double check with the supplier. See below on the FAQ.

https://www.zipato.com/product/micro-module-energy-meter

photo

Ok. I might have old information or old picture. Anyway, it is always useful to check. It is free.

photo
photo

I used Qubino's Smartmeter and is working fine. Zipato does not supported directly since the config parameters are not mapped into configuration section, but if you know how to configure a zwave device there should be no problem.

photo

Well Alexus,

I have a couple issues with Qubino smart meter,

1. It is only for 1 phase so I would have to buy and wire two of them.

2. It needs DIN rail, which I would have to buy and install.

Regarding the Zipato Meter we should be able to map the missing parameters using the "Custom Parameters", user manual show parameter numbers.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file