This object is in archive! 

Vernon Miller shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

I recently noticed that my Zipabox was showing as offline in the website yet my alarm still showed as "Armed Away". I would think that if my Zipabox goes offline I would see some sort of error or indeterminate status in my alarm as opposed to just acting like my house is alarmed and all is ok.

Am I missing something or is this a shortcoming?

Replies (5)

photo

I have experienced the same.

photo

You are rigth

You just see the last update status recorded in the cloud ... this is bad for my point of view

photo

Why is this bad? -You easily see in the upper left part of your scren that the Zipato controller is [OFFLINE]. I'd say it makes completely sense to show the last known setting., while at the same time informing the user that there may have benn changes to the setting after the internet connection was cut or whatever.

photo

This is bad for so many reasons including that display of [OFFLINE] is only on the website and not available on the mobile apps. One of the common times to check the status of your alarm system is when you are away from your house and away from a computer (i.e. on a mobile device). If you look at the app and it says that your alarm is armed... right now you can have zero confidence that it really is because your Internet might be offline or your power could be out. This means your Zipabox is not able to alert you of status changes.

At a minimum, I feel Zipato should add a puzzle piece so you can write a rule to alert you if your Zipabox goes Offline.

photo
photo

One crutial missing information for me is "when was the last update ? "

photo

And if like me you use the apple application, the Offline information is not displayed on the main screen

Leave a Comment

Attach a file