This object is in archive! 

Can ZipaTile replace a dumb wired thermostat with it's buit-in relays

David Ditzler shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I am located in the United States. Does anyone know if the ZipaTile can replace a dumb wired thermostat with the built-in relays in the ZipaTile?

I want to control my HVAC both at home and remotely and I want to know if there is addtional hardware I will need to do this?

Is there a tutorial or directions on how to use the ZipaTile to control a wired (dumb) thermostat?

I have not bought a ZipaTile yet and I am trying to find out if this is a good solution.

thank you

-david

Replies (3)

photo

Yes you can replace a simple two wire thermostat.

It only needs power from an power supply

photo

Zipatile has a dual dry relay output up to 230 VAC 1 amp, if your HVAC can be controled by two inputs with those specs, yes it can. Zipatile has a built in thermostat that can be controled locally or remotely.

photo

Using the two pairs of dry wire relay outputs, can you replace a four wire thermostat? I'm not aware of any 2 wire thermostats that control both heating and cooling. If so, what is there a wiring diagram for the relays?

photo

US version of Zipatile has 3 dry outputs, while EU version has 2 dry outputs. So the US version can replace the simple HVAC thermostat. For more complex versions (3 speeds cooling and heating), you should rather use additional HVAC thermostat such as CT-100 (radio thermostat).

photo

How are the outputs wired? Can you "virtually" wire them within Zipatile? I would need a hot from the transformer, heat contact, cooling contact and fan contact.

photo

You can not explain with an electric plane how serious the connection of these 3 reles of the zipatile to an air conditioner.

Would be very useful for us

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file