This object is in archive! 

Fibaro motion sensor stuck on "MOTION" for up to two hours...

Jan shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

Hello Zipato,

I just installed the Motion Sensor Gen5 in my bathroom to control the light. It reports MOTION without delay to my Zipabox, but then it doesnt report NO MOTION after the 1 minute delay. Instead it takes up to two hours to report NO MOTION (sensors wake up interval?). What can I do?

Here are my settings:

orK82Xp

3orzN2b

Replies (13)

photo

What does the "Known" tag supposed to mean? Can someone illuminate me? Because right now, my "motion activated light rule" doesnt work for up to 2 hours after beeing triggered.

photo

I have had the same problem with mine, but then with the motion sensor sensitivity to 8.

After changing this to 20, the problem has more or less been solved. I don't know if this is the solution to this.

I have also problem with the sensor changing state, up and down, rapidly five to ten times before stable no motion signal.

photo

The known that is one of the 4 options you can chose when you initially raise a ticket. Nothing to do with the actual problem you have. usually when the correct and final answer is received, the topis is marked "Answered".

Now, according to your parameter Motion sensor blind time your motion sensor will not detect other motion for 8 seconds after it detected a motion (unless these units are in minutes. surely they are not in hours) - (0.5 * (15+1)). Even though I would expect the sensor will be 60 seconds in state motion after the last detected motion.

So the 2hrs would not make sense.

perhaps the system did not receive the motion off state from the sensor in which case this can be 2 hours - imagine that the sensor detected motion, reported to zipabox and zipabox received the state change. After 60 seconds the motion off report did not get to zipabox, and as thus the next time the sensor waked up (because there were no other "motion" statuses sent) the motion off state arrived to the box in 2hrs.

Now what you can do:

1. monitor the system further, perhaps this was only a one time issue.

2. If not (or anyway) you can do a network heal as what if the motion sensor is close to the limit of the communication barrier and as thus it might lose the signal until it gets to the box. Surely this is not the only device you have and you have some powered devices.

overall do a network heal and dont forget to wake up the sensor when the system prompts for "wake up battery powered devices".

Should do the trick. If not, consider adding another always powered device so it can relay the information between them two.

photo

Your settings look good, so I think the problem is range, with this I mean that your sensor is to far from the controller, or behind too many walls. Follow Attila's advice and should be fine, remember, if you change any setting in Zipato you have to wake up the device so it takes the configuration.

photo

Triple click that is. Will report if that did it. Thanks for your time!

photo

Okay, I did a network heal. The nodes shown in the motion sensor config tab, are the correct ones:

cMWEFBK

The RGB controller is only 50 cm away and powered. The repeater 1 is only 5 m away. The second repeater maybe 6 m.

But the problem is still there. It triggers motion and gets stuck for hours. :-(

photo

Well. Try to exclude, reset and include again.

photo

Okay, I did that, and the problem is still there.

What confused me is that in the Live Events, its [STATE] is shown correctly: motion, 30 seconds later: no motion.

0DdjdaW

But in the device browser and in the rules, it is stuck at MOTION. I don't get it...

TcHifd4

photo

You need to open a ticket on zipato support, something is wrong with the descriptor of your device.

photo

I'm in contact with zipato support now. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me today. Maybe because its weekend.

However, when I reset the device and include it again. It works extacly one time. Then the STATE isn't communicated anymore. I noticed this, when watching the LIVE EVENTS seen below:

XDkMm08

photo
photo

Experienced something similar the other day (has not happen before on this device that is a few month old)

Zipabox did not receive the no moment from the device (or maybe it was buissy and did not react on it). The log of the device shows moment detected, followed of moment detected (about a hour in between)

This might not be related to your situation at all

photo

UPDATE: I ordered a new Fibaro sensor, since Zipato support assumed the unit was faulty. With the new Fibaro motion sensor, i kinda had the same problem. Finally, I ordered an Aeon Labs MS which is working as intended. Seems a tiny bit slower, but the battery life seems better. And it works reliable!

photo

Well. I last weekend the same issues.

Aeon and fibaro sensors. All stuck in motion.

I don't think it has to do with the modules. They worked flawlessly for a long time.

and lights, and roller blinds all react very slowly. press the button, sometimes no reaction at all, sometimes a couple of minutes later.

Made a ticket for it I think a couple of months. With the same issue. Support just said. Reinclude the modules :s

photo

Same problem here with many of my sensors. Tried everything above. Anything new on this?

photo

Hi Guys, I have similar problem. Range and connection is correct, I noticed that if there are rules connected with motion this sometimes gets stuck at motion and do not go away until another instance of the rule is triggered or (in my occasion) light switch is not turned off manually.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file