This object is in archive! 

Cluster and Rooms + Backup

Christian Röttger shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I am recreating a full setup of Zipabox+Zipatile for over 200 devices ... because my Zipabox went crazy and there was no backup possibility.

a few questions:

1- is backup available now on Zipabox with 500 chip and Zipatile ?

2- how are rooms merged into a cluster ( last time i created all rooms were merged to "dummy" ?

thanks for your feedback

Christian

Replies (3)

photo

Christian,

I know Zipato has been working on backup but it is not available yet. If you look into the API they added the "snapshot" feature, but it is not operational which it sucks. They forgot to mention that in the CES 2017 when they won the innovation award.

Not sure about the cluster, even though I want to test the functionallity I'm afraid of the problems it could cause with my home, I have a somewhat operational system and don't have the time to rebuild it if something goes south... I'm waiting a little bit until I have time to recover if the system fails.

photo

Oh yes, back-up would be nice!

photo

Currently creating a cluster is only advisable on a new system as stated by Zipato. You can create a cluster from an existing system and add new controllers to the cluster, this works, but not with 2 already set up and functional controllers. At least I would not recommend this yet.

photo

Thanks for the advise ...o

Unfortunately zipato asked me to put all my devices on zipabox and zipatile... And then do the cluster... As they did also first time...

Very confusing

So far I put all zwave only on my zipatile leaving my. New zipabox to handle other protocols

photo

yes the issue i find here though is that it means you still have one controller doing all the z-wave commands and reports. I would like to spread this out among other controllers to even out the load. The other zipatiles are just dummy tablets. It may work better for you with multiple protocols though.

Have you worked out how to delete rooms and yet?

photo

Yes Adrian, this would be something really good. Cluster represents a problem if you want to connect different devices to your controllers at home and all of them are part of a security system, if you loose internet connection then alarm goes off.

This is why I have been asking zipato how to include a secondary controller withing the same zwave network, this way at least you can use it as a repeater, and maybe to control devices too. Not sure of how this will exactly work until I test it, unfortunatelly I have tried different ways and couldn't add zipatile to zipaboxe's network.

photo

As per today i have to recreate my of my rooms again and reallocate them to my devices.

Please be carefull when "support" asks you to remove a controller from cluster , results are unpredictable ... some rooms remain , some are lost , some room/devices pairing are gine whereas other remains.

answer of Vedran from "suppport" is that he had to clear some local cache ... but no way back and no solution but to recreate by hand

frustrating

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file