This object is in archive! 

SIP client on Zipatile

Fabien shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello

I've been trying to connect to third party SIP servers from SIP client software installed on the Zipatile. It always runs errors when the softphone tries to register.

I don't want to install the optional Zipato SIP server. I want softphones installed on the Zipatile to register into third party SIP servers installed in the could (linphone.org, my2n.com, iptel.org, etc)

Are outbound SIP ports blocked on the Zipatile?

How do you make it work.

thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Zipatile is Android based device. You can install third party SIP client software on it and connect it to third party SIP server.

photo

We are currently testing the BRIA SIP client app, this works well so far and allows connection to all SIP intercoms and phones. It also connects to a pbx system allowing you customisation of transfers and calling locations.

photo

How can you test it, that app works with google services?

photo

As far as I understand, if you want Google push notification services (aka Google Cloud Messaging or GCM), you must install GooglePlay on the Zipatile, which requires to root the device.

photo
photo

you also need to be aware, that some of the new SIP clients operate via Google services now, which is not installed on the Zipatile. And in some cases SIP calls externally may be blocked by your ISP.

photo

We are succesfully using Polycom Video client (3.9) on Zipatiles connected to a 3CX SIP server. The only drawback is the low volume of the ringtone. If you use the Zipatile in an office, it could be too quiet. We didn't find a method to increase the volume or change the ringtone to something louder.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file