This object is in archive! 

Energy Monitoring for House/Groups

Vineet Bhojnagarwala shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

The energy metering with Zipato relays are a very good tool, but it is limiting in functionality as the reporting is per relay only. I would like group meters with graphs, for example, if I put 5 relays in Dining, then under the group somewhere I should be able to see collective energy usage for only Dining. Similarly for the whole House.

I searched and could not locate such feature. It is useless if we cannot monitor based on groups, I would want to know in real time how my house is doing in terms of energy efficiency per sq ft. I would also want to see House Kwh consumption Vs Outdoor & Indoor temp in a graph.

Any ideas on how to do this ? if its not available now, is it in the pipeline ?

- I think Fibaro has this group metering.

Replies (4)

photo

A lot of people have asked about this years ago. I dont see it happening anytime soon. Look at exporting the data to somewhere else to view.

Yes Fibaro option is very nice.

photo

thanks, I added my vote to that post, precisely what I was requesting.

photo
photo

Wow okay, that's sad, because we already have the hard part of having the feature of metering each load in the hardware, just some codes needs to be written in their app/cloud to make them visible group wise. Unwillingness of adding such basic yet powerful functionality renders the system of metering useless.

photo

Really interested! Just added a vote to this and Alberto's post

Leave a Comment

Attach a file