This object is in archive! 

Do i really need i PRO license to make a thermometer control a fibaro wall plug???

Henning Strandvik shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Do i really need i PRO license to make a thermometer control a fibaro wall plug???

i mean... i could just make a rule to control this.. but for my customer its easier to just adjust a thermostat from the zipatile...

But.... to really make this a PRO feature is insane!...

same goes with this one PRO license for EVERY controller... stupid...

Really considering dropping zipato now... this is just stupid...

Replies (4)

photo

A Fibaro wall plug is technically not a thermostatic device, nor is a virtual switch. So Zipato logic is that if u use other than thermostatic devices for heating control (or you want to combine multiple actuators), you need pro license.

photo

So you need thermostat. You didn't buy the thermostat but you bought the wall plug. Now it's insane for you to buy thermostat. Insane indeed.

photo

funny guy... is it ok for a CEO to make an answer like this?....

photo

:-) yes!

photo
photo

Henning, is this because they are electric radiators?

photo

I have a fibaro smoke detector that i use for temperature measure.. and i want to turn on and off a hetaing device with the fibaro wallplug... insane that i need pro license for this...

i could do this with a rule... but harder for customers to adjust...

i am so glad i found out this now.. got 10 new customers who wants smarthouse... i think i will not use zipato for them.. this is insane....

photo

Hello Henning, for me there is part of PRO here: why don't you buy a thermostat or use the temperature sensor of the Zipatile itself? Using the plug as an actuator I find it normal, as many heating systems are just electrical radiators w/o centralised control. I don't know if this can be done w/o PRO, or if this fits to your customer.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file