This object is in archive! 

Set configuration on a sleeping device

Christian Röttger shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I have a lot of sleeping battery driven Zwave devices.

Can i send the configuration using the UI [Send] button and will the configuration be automatically updated when the devices wakes up on next cycle or do i have to wake up manually every single device wen i press the button [send] ?

Best Answer
photo

Christian,

Yes, in theory if you save the configuration it will be read on next wake up cycle, the thing is, there are some devices configured with LONG wake up intervals. I usually wake them up manually.

Replies (5)

photo

Christian,

Yes, in theory if you save the configuration it will be read on next wake up cycle, the thing is, there are some devices configured with LONG wake up intervals. I usually wake them up manually.

photo

Thanks a lot Alberto - will check if it still works for 120 min cycles

photo

Not sure if and how it is working:

- on Web UI i get a timeout when the device is not answering

- on android app i get only the send button without any request to wake up the device

I believe we need clarification on how this works in all environments

photo

Christian,

I have never tried it from the Android App, however if you are getting a timeout on the Web UI it means that either the device is too far or you are not waking up the device properly. Look for the "wake up" procedure on the device's manual and also try to bring the device close to the controller (1 or 2 m).

photo

This i do understand dear Alberto,

best would be to not have to wake it up compulsary but to have the choice to have the device get the configuration on next wake up cycle. When you have 100+ battery powered devices across multiple places ... not so easy to go physically to all of them.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file