This object is in archive! 

Neo Coolcam - What do you think about it?

Michel CHEMLA shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Because of their particularly attractive price, I plan to buy Neo Coolcam devices.

Have feedback on this brand and the quality of their products?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Michel

Replies (3)

photo

Hi, Neo products generally work fine. Zipato has 2 of them rebranded. On the other hand I was testing the touch switches and although they were included properly (even the parameters are fine), I cannot get the 2 switches associated to each-other to use in a 2way light control. The association works fine and after querying back from the device it shows it is associated correctly, but just simply does not work.

Normally this should be a light switch problem, but what makes me wonder is that this group (switch status report) does not have endpoints in the device manager. Im unsure if this is related or not.

The power plug works fine and also measures.

Generally these are good products - and excellent products in terms of price/performance.

photo

Hi,

So, I understand that despite the fact that some forums denigrate this brand, these devices give satisfaction to the use. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Michel

photo

Hi,

So I bought these Neo Coolcam Wall plug and, for several days, I have been trying desperately to associate them with my Zipabox. Unfortunately, it does not detect them.

I reinitialize them several times and, despite that, the box does not detect them.

Do you have an idea that allows me to include them in my network?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Michel

photo

By the way, I bought a motion sensor Neo Coolcam too.

It's the same, I can't associate it with my Zipabox.

photo

Should not be a problem adding this device:

https://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/review-power-plug-neo-coolcam

Make sure that you are very close to the box and try a reboot before you add.

photo

Because I'm stubborn, I tried again and again to operate these devices.

I finally managed to do it. We must insist several times to put these devices in association mode. These are definitely not Fibaro.

For the rest, I would see the use.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Michel

photo

I have several magnetic door sensors of Neo Coolcam which work fine. They do request that the magnet is very close to the detector... Battery usage is OK. I don't think I'll have to change them after one year. Also, range towards the Zipato is OK. So, in general, I'd say: good price for the quality!

photo

I use door sensors, wall plug, watersensor and motion detector. They work propery with the zipabox. I love the price of Neo:)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file