Aeon Labs Z-wave Wallmote

Alberto Macias shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Hello Community,

I just got an email from one of the suppliers I use, looks like the promised Aeon Labs Wallmote has been released. I share this here because I have read many topics of users looking for good quality, good looking z-wave switches / dimmer control / scene control and I think this device qualifies on all that.

I don't have experience with this device so I anyone adds to Zipabox/Zipatile please share here your experience. Thanks.

http://www.homecontrols.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Wallmote-Quad-AEZW130?_bta_tid=392529374976000606450198353883914992248796791164652457967185089392308869506660172267526

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-wireless-switch

Replies (13)

photo

Greetings,

We have a sample, it should work fine.

photo

Awesome, thanks for replying Marko!

photo

Marko,

Can you please tell me how many events any button detects Zipabox for this device? One click, double click, swipe, etc...

photo

Have you tested the WallMote yourself Alberto? Just got one today..

photo

Reidar,

I haven't. I'm about to buy one but won't have it until March since I'm going to ship it to my address in US. Please let me know how it works, I'm curious about the button events with Zipato and how they'll work, for example Fibaro button has nice events but has a problem with sleep mode (problem is on Fibaro apparently).

photo

I usw wall mote also and ist a realy good thing, but, is there a way to turn off the LEDs on WallMote? I Have one in my bedroom and it flashes every minute.

Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks!

photo

Hi Fabian

I have a Wallmote also in my bedroom but mine doesn't flash every minute. Leds only react on touch on mine.

Check if you have latest firmware installed. Otherwise I suggest that you contact Aeotec support about this.

Regards

Beat

photo
photo

@Fabian - would you be able to share more information on our unofficial Wiki? Are all features available, what system do you use, etc? Feel free to do so in the comments. Thank you!

photo

Hi Arski

Only touch functionality is working. Sliding is not. But it is the best switch I've tested so far. Very fast and wonderful design.

Regards

Beat

photo

Hi,

I got one myself. I also noticed that the sliding feature for dimmers does not work well, atleast for Fibaro dimmer 2. I cannot configure it for scenes. I have included it as secure and using default settings. The scenes are not visibel in the rule creator. Can anyone guide me?

Thanks Johan

photo
photo

Hi, I just bouth a Wallmote Quad, I could pair it but I cannot do a proper configuration with my Zipa MIcro. Is anyone using it with Zipa MIcro?

photo

Does anyone has an update regarding the battery issues it used to have and compatibility with 1.3.10 firmware?

photo

I thought the battery problem was the Aeotec firmware problem, not Zipato.

photo

It was

photo
photo

That was what I meant, there are two separate questions, should have made more pause;

1. If the battery issue is resolved (from aeotec).

2. If there is no compatibility issues with current firmware.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of these.

photo

Alberto, it should work. Get one and try.

Btw Aeotec has its new range of nano micromodules. They apparently are designed to work with these panel directly where you can connect them via cable and thus the wallmote is powered from mains...

photo

Thanks Attila, but I think is the new wallswipe product the one will be able to connect directly to the nano modules, see below;

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-wall-switch

photo

Hi Alberto, It looks like you are correct.

photo
photo

Hello Alberto,

I've got an Aeon Labs quad Wallmote. First had some problems with quick power drainage which was fixed by a fw update from Aeon labs. After that was a hardware problem. The buttons were too sensitive causing it to overreact.

I've sent it back and replaced it with a new one (with a triangle mark) where Aeon Labs fixed the hardware issue. Have it in use since December to control my Hue light bulbs. Haven't had any trouble and didn't need to charge it since.

photo

Thanks for the update Ronald, the question is how to know if I buy one it will come with all the fixes. Aeotec shows Amazon as their official supplier in the US but no one has responded to that same question over there.

photo

That's a good question. As far as I understood the new version should have a triange mark somewhere. I've checked the device and the box but couldn't vind anything that indicated that this is the latest version. in the control center I can see that the latest firmware (1.08) has been installed. The battery problem was already fixed with FW 1.07. Maybe you can ask Aeon Labs from with S/N all the problems are fixed and check this with Amazon ?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file