This object is in archive! 

Behavior after power and/or Internet connection loss

Michel CHEMLA shared this question 5 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

Because I have many variables initialized after midnight (temperature forecast, parameters, ...) when I lost the connexion or power at this time, the behavior of my box is completely foolish the day after .

Is someone could helping me to write rule or something else to detect such a loss in order to reinialize those parameters.

Thx

KR

Michel

Replies (2)

photo

I have a backup battery expansion module attached to my Zipabox, and can use this to determine if the box has restarted by if it is discharging or not. Probably could use the virtual battery alarm with it also but haven't tried this.

Another way, is to run a rule every so often that compares a virtual meter value to a variable. Virtual meter values are store in the cloud so will always stay the same if the box is reboot, variables are reset back to nothing. Set them both to eg,1, and if they are no the same, then the box has rebooted, then set them both to the same value again.

photo

Hi,

Thanks you for your help.

Ok for the loss power,.

What can I do for the loss connexion?

KR

Michel

photo

Try using the System alarm panel? this is "tripped" if you controller reboots or looses internet connection.

photo

Hi,

Good idea but where can I find details about this feature?

I do not know it and I did not find anything specific on it in the forum which can help me.

BR

Michel

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file